Chess. The game is chess - traditional chess - except with 3D animations (over 4MB of animations).
If you find this view difficult to read, you can actually disable the 3D look and go straight to a very predictable 2D view.
Trivia: Produced by Brian Fargo, a descendant of the family that created the banking giant Wells Fargo. Fargo is responsible for helping to create legendary games including Bard's Tale
and The Lost Vikings
, among many others.
Back of the Box:
IT TOOK 2,000 YEARS FOR SOMEONE TO MAKE CHESS BETTER.
The most challenging game on earth comes to life in Battle Chess.
The most challenging game on earth comes to life in Battle Chess. An entire medieval world at war is reflected on the checkered field.
Everyone who's ever had a knight take a pawn has seen that capture as more than one piece replacing another on the board. In player's minds, the bold knight, resplendent in his armor of silver or ebon, sallies forth and slays the foul footsoldier. Combat, mortal combat, is the heart and soul of chess, but this aspect of it can only live in the mind's eye... until now!
Lots of computer chess games capture the basics of chess. Only Battle Chess brings chess to life by combining a magnificent chess logic system with colorful, humorous, and dramatic three-dimensional animations.
- Animated 3-D or traditional 2-D overview of the action.
- Advanced 3-D animation and digitized sound effects
- Over 4 megabytes of animation
- Play against the computer or your friends, or let the computer play against itself.
- Modern capability for long distance games.
- 10 levels of play challenge even the most sophisticated player.
- Opening library of 30,000 moves.
- Two artists were made as mad as Paul Morphy doing this game.