liblynx

Posted Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:17 pm

Hello everyone!

After 35 years, I feel like it's time I found my Amiga 1000 a new home. It was my first computer, and I still love it, but it's been sitting in a box all these years. It's not doing anyone any good, so I'm hoping to find someone interested.

I have the Amiga, the 1080 monitor, mouse, keyboard, box, and manual. I also have Kickstart and Workbench 1.3. Power cables and the monitor cable are included. I also have Amiga Extras/Amiga Basic disks.

In going through the software, this is what I've found:
  • ArcticFox
  • Blood Money
  • CLImate
  • Defender of the Crown
  • Deluxe Video
  • DeluxePrint
  • DeluxePrint II
  • Descartes
  • Elvira (doesn't appear to work!)
  • Empire (Copy protection requires manual, which I cannot find. Nevertheless, it seems to run OK)
  • Hot & Cold Jazz (for Deluxe Music Construction Set, which I cannot find)
  • Kaleidoscope (basically a demo disk)
  • Leather Goddesses of Phobos
  • Loom (Copy protection requires manual, which I cannot find. Nevertheless, it seems to run OK)
  • Marble Madness
  • Maxiplan 500
  • PageSetter (Copy protection requires manual, which I cannot find. Nevertheless, it seems to run OK)
  • Project D
  • Silent Service (doesn't appear to work, although the splash screen does load)
  • Skyfox
  • Temple of Apshai Trilogy
  • The Music Studio (Loads but appears to freeze)
The list above is all the original disks, not the backups. I had more software at one time, but I would have to scour the basement. The above includes almost every one of my games, though. I don't know if I can find any of the missing manuals. I'm willing to try if it's important to you. I have a copy of Superbase. It loads, but is missing the copyright dongle, and I'm giving up on that. You're welcome to the disk, though.

I listed games without the manuals for copyright and games that don't appear to work because 1) you may want to give them a try to see for yourself, and 2) you may have another Amiga that they do run on. Or maybe you know where to find the missing manuals.

Important: Yes, I used to have a Sidecar with my Amiga 1000, but I know for sure that it's gone. I'm genuinely sorry. The little plastic cover for that slot is missing, too. I also do not have the 1080 box anymore.

I'm posting a couple of pictures taken this afternoon, running Defender of the Crown. One is lighter to show the case color, the other is darker to show the screen - plus I put in a note containing today's date!

As I mentioned on the announcements forum, I'm brand new and I understand no one here knows me. I'm happy to answer any questions you want, but I don't want to post them on the open forum. If you have a serious interest, please let me know and we can set up calls, take more photos, etc. I live in the Atlanta area, and would prefer local pickup because the monitor box is gone. I expect the buyer to pay for shipping.

UPDATE: I'll say I want $1,500 USD for it, but please make me an offer!

Please send me any questions you want.

Thanks for your interest,
Chris
amiga1000.png
Attachments
amiga1000_2.png
Last edited by liblynx on Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

JoeUser
Dallas, TX

Posted Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:12 pm

Well, it might help if you post your asking price?

I'm sure you'll get a lot of interest. Myself, I already have two of them, so not looking for a third. But, there's bound to be someone here that's been itching to pick up a solid working model!

liblynx

Posted Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:56 am

That's true, thanks, Joe. I hadn't done much research on how much Amiga 1000s are worth these days. I'll update soon. I appreciate your feedback.

liblynx

Posted Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:07 am

I'm asking $1,500 or your best offer. :boing:

Return to “Trading Post”