After 35 years, I feel like it's time I found my Amiga 1000 a new home. It was my first computer, and I still love it, but it's been sitting in a box all these years. It's not doing anyone any good, so I'm hoping to find someone interested.
I have the Amiga, the 1080 monitor, mouse, keyboard, box, and manual. I also have Kickstart and Workbench 1.3. Power cables and the monitor cable are included. I also have Amiga Extras/Amiga Basic disks.
In going through the software, this is what I've found:
- Blood Money
- Defender of the Crown
- Deluxe Video
- DeluxePrint II
- Elvira (doesn't appear to work!)
- Empire (Copy protection requires manual, which I cannot find. Nevertheless, it seems to run OK)
- Hot & Cold Jazz (for Deluxe Music Construction Set, which I cannot find)
- Kaleidoscope (basically a demo disk)
- Leather Goddesses of Phobos
- Loom (Copy protection requires manual, which I cannot find. Nevertheless, it seems to run OK)
- Marble Madness
- Maxiplan 500
- PageSetter (Copy protection requires manual, which I cannot find. Nevertheless, it seems to run OK)
- Project D
- Silent Service (doesn't appear to work, although the splash screen does load)
- Temple of Apshai Trilogy
- The Music Studio (Loads but appears to freeze)
I listed games without the manuals for copyright and games that don't appear to work because 1) you may want to give them a try to see for yourself, and 2) you may have another Amiga that they do run on. Or maybe you know where to find the missing manuals.
Important: Yes, I used to have a Sidecar with my Amiga 1000, but I know for sure that it's gone. I'm genuinely sorry. The little plastic cover for that slot is missing, too. I also do not have the 1080 box anymore.
I'm posting a couple of pictures taken this afternoon, running Defender of the Crown. One is lighter to show the case color, the other is darker to show the screen - plus I put in a note containing today's date!
As I mentioned on the announcements forum, I'm brand new and I understand no one here knows me. I'm happy to answer any questions you want, but I don't want to post them on the open forum. If you have a serious interest, please let me know and we can set up calls, take more photos, etc. I live in the Atlanta area, and would prefer local pickup because the monitor box is gone. I expect the buyer to pay for shipping.
UPDATE: I'll say I want $1,500 USD for it, but please make me an offer!
Please send me any questions you want.
Thanks for your interest,