A place to trade, buy and sell your Amiga, Commodore or other relevant retro hardware and software to other Amiga Love members
McTrinsic

by McTrinsic posted Mon May 07, 2018 12:57 pm

Hi,
I guess the title says it all :).
Basically what I have is a RapidRoad USB adapter for my Phoenixboard.
Attached to it, by now I have had a certain number of USB2Eth-adapters. These adapters are based on asix-chips, dm9601-chips, MosChips [7830] and one rtl8152. And I have installed three TCP-stacks, namely Roadshow, Miami and EasyTCPpro (AmiTCP).

Most functions work, admittedly. IBrowse and FTP as well as the rare wget work up to 125kb/sec which is really good for a clockport-based device I would say.

Only and unfortunately, AmigaExplorer won't work. Either it crashes the stack after some time (dm9601, rtl8152, MosChip) or it delivers abysmal speeds at 25kb/secs with an asix-adapter.

I hope that on _old_ dm9601-based device might work. The newer one I have gets two errors when connecting to Poseidon. This might be due to the fact that I had to manually assign the driver instead of Poseidon recognizing it by itself. So a contemporary from a few years ago when Poseidon was created might work.

Any have one lying around?

:)
leighb2282

by leighb2282 posted Mon May 07, 2018 1:55 pm

I MIGHT have one tucked away, let me check tonight when I get home from work.

What I have is the USB 2 ethernet adapter in the middle of the 3 in the image on this page.

the one I have is identical to the one in the picture, I will check it tonight to see if the chipset is the same.

THanks,

Leigh Burton
leighb2282

by leighb2282 posted Tue May 08, 2018 9:18 am

It is your lucky day!

dm9601.png

DM me so we can get this sucker heading your way!

Thanks,

Leigh

leighb2282 wrote:I MIGHT have one tucked away, let me check tonight when I get home from work.

What I have is the USB 2 ethernet adapter in the middle of the 3 in the image on this page.

the one I have is identical to the one in the picture, I will check it tonight to see if the chipset is the same.

THanks,

Leigh Burton
McTrinsic

by McTrinsic posted Tue May 08, 2018 1:39 pm

Awesome!

I'll get back to you via pm.

... hhmmmm... lucky day!

Maybe I should've rather bought some bills for a lottery ;) .
McTrinsic

by McTrinsic posted Thu May 10, 2018 2:21 am

Ok PM is out.
Let me know what I can do.
leighb2282

by leighb2282 posted Thu May 10, 2018 12:18 pm

Let me see about postage and i'll get back to you! shouldn't be a problem.
McTrinsic

by McTrinsic posted Sun May 27, 2018 6:50 am

Hi,
anything I can do?

Cheers,
McT