Don Corleone

Posted Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:04 pm

Hello - I have an A500 that I took out of storage a couple weeks ago. Fired it up and worked. Cleaned the case, blew out the dust, then reconnected it and now I get the 11 power led blinks from hell.... bummer. Anyway, if anyone is interested in making an offer I can ship it. Also has a working original Amiga monitor and original Amiga external drive.

Thank you,

Gino

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:12 pm

@Gino

Where are you located?

obitus1990
USA

Posted Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:04 pm

Did you at least troubleshoot it for loose ICs as I mentioned in the reply to the PM you had sent me?

Zippy Zapp
CA, USA

Posted Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:05 am

Location? Where is it shipping from? Also, what brand and model is the Monitor and external drive?

Don Corleone

Posted Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:13 pm

Hi friends - I'm located in Chico, CA. The monitor and external drive I have are the original ones that I had with my A1000. The monitor is the 1080 and the drive is the 1010. However, before I sell anything, I'm going to give Obitus' PM response to me a try - he encouraged me to try re-seating the chips before I throw in the towel. I will do that and let everyone know.

All that said... I find myself greatly missing my A1000. I realize they are very hard to find now. I do still have my original A500 in my man cave, which runs beautifully and is still in exquisite shape. But I would gladly trade it and pay $$ for an A1000 with keyboard.

The A500 that I'm either selling (or trying to get working again), was my dad's...

Don Corleone

Posted Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:45 pm

Following up here. Re-seated the chips ~ same results. Something failed/died while I was cleaning it out with air and moving it around. I'm not going to worry about it anymore.

I do still have a working 1080 monitor and 1010 ext drive. The 1080 monitor has a very sensitive volume knob, crackles while adjusting/turning it, but works fine once settled. If anyone is interested, let me know.

fxgogo
Twickenham , U.K.

Posted Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:43 pm

Could of been a static charge in the dust that was released into the board when blowing the dust out?

Don Corleone

Posted Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:27 pm

Yes, that is entirely possible.

Huxley

Posted Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:23 pm

Not sure if this is useful to you or not, but I recently took possession of two Amiga 1000's (bare CPU's, no accessories), and I'm down in the Bay Area (with driving distance of Chico). If you're interested in a swap + cash deal for your A500 gear, I'd be open to it...

Let me know!

Huxley

Don Corleone

Posted Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:11 pm

Hi Huxley, thank you for letting me know, I appreciate it. For the time being I'm going to hold on to my A500; I'm got several projects to deal with before I can give any attention to my beloved Amiga life. I will let you know if/when that changes. It's good to know another fellow Amiga fan not far from me in the Bay :)

Gino

Return to “Trading Post”