Hook
Ottawa, Canada

Posted Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:58 am

Trimming down my lot of spare Amiga components, I decided that it was time to part with this Amiga 1000 mother/daughterboard.

The good:
The Amiga 1000 motherboard works great and has no signs of cosmetic damage

The bad:
Odd and Even CIA chips, as well as the 68000 CPU were pulled from the board to fix another ailing Amiga

The ugly:
The daughterboard has damaged traces around one of the PAL chips. It can be fixed but I have not attempted to do so. See attached close-up.

I am asking $100 USD firm, plus actual shipping fees to your door.

Hook
Ottawa, Canada

Posted Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:25 am

SOLD!!!

macroexp

Posted Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:12 pm

Does anyone know what the name/vendor/etc is of the daughterboard in this sale? I have just acquired a filthy, neglected 1000 that has the same daughterboard, and I'm looking for any information - it has no identifying marks on it that I can find.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:50 pm

Does anyone know what the name/vendor/etc is of the daughterboard in this sale?
The vendor was Commodore Amiga. It was an NTSC stock component that was required for use in an A1000. It was replaceable, but only with a Rejuvenator.

Wikipedia:
Because AmigaOS was rather buggy at the time of the A1000's release, the OS was not placed in ROM then. Instead, the A1000 includes a daughterboard with 256 KB of RAM, dubbed the "writable control store" (WCS), into which the core of the operating system is loaded from floppy disk (this portion of the operating system is known as the "Kickstart"). The WCS is write-protected after loading, and system resets do not require a reload of the WCS. In Europe, the WCS was often referred to as WOM (Write Once Memory), a play on the more conventional term "ROM" (read-only memory).

Return to “Trading Post”