rpiguy9907

Posted Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:55 am

I have an un-used HC533 accelerator and PC XT-CF card.

Will be selling as a bundle for $110 shipped in the CONUS.

The HC533 is an interesting accelerator because it has an onboard boot ROM that you can select and supposedly boot into AmigaDOS 1.3 from IDE without emulating an SCSI controller. This is a very novel feature.

More information here:

https://sordan.ie/product/583/turbo-car ... amiga-500/

I never got around to using this because I got an UnAmiga FPGA system that is amazing.

I am throwing in a PC XT-CF card that I was going to use with a bridge board. Like many other projects, I never actually got a working bridge board for my Amiga 2000, so this is just collecting dust.

Will not separate, trying to clear things out.
IMG_0934.jpeg

Pior

Posted Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:28 pm

By any chance do you know if it would work in a CDTV?

rpiguy9907

Posted Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:36 am

I don't think so.

McTrinsic

Posted Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:50 am

Depends / YMMV

I’d say it works but will disable the BootRoms.

Primary source of concern probably is the right space in the CDTV.

Zippy Zapp
CA, USA

Posted Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:03 am

Accelerator looks good. Is the XT-CF card incomplete? It looks like it is missing the CF socket? Or is it used just for the BIOS?

rpiguy9907

Posted Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:59 pm

Zippy Zapp wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:03 am
Accelerator looks good. Is the XT-CF card incomplete? It looks like it is missing the CF socket? Or is it used just for the BIOS?
OMG since I never got a bridge board and never tried to use it I never noticed. I got this off eBay two years ago. Want a refund for it?

Zippy Zapp
CA, USA

Posted Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:50 am

Oh Bummer. Yeah I think it is probably past the eBay return policy, LOL. I cant count how many times I have bought stuff and didn't get around to testing them until months later only to find out they didn't work. Ugh. Anyway, I am sure it is still a useful card to somebody. Sorry to derail your thread.

rpiguy9907

Posted Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:27 am

Zippy Zapp wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:50 am
Oh Bummer. Yeah I think it is probably past the eBay return policy, LOL. I cant count how many times I have bought stuff and didn't get around to testing them until months later only to find out they didn't work. Ugh. Anyway, I am sure it is still a useful card to somebody. Sorry to derail your thread.
You know I already sold and shipped it, but the connector may be on the other side. Looking at my own photo it is clear that there is no cut out on the bracket for a CF card and the orientation of the CF slot is such that the card would face inward toward the PC, not through the expansion slot.

So it would have to go on the other side, if it were on top the card would not clear the components.

Return to “Trading Post”