obitus1990
USA

Posted Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:07 pm

One Rejuvenator clone for sale. Tested and working, hand assembled by me using all new components sourced from Mouser, Digikey, or other reputable suppliers of obsolete ICs, and using quality Kester brand solder.

What's included: assembled board with all logic ICs, sockets for user supplied ICs, programmed PLDs (GALs), and CR2032 battery holder with diode to block any charging circuitry that may exist on the Rejuvenator to charge the NiCad battery it was designed for. Cleaned of all flux residues in an ultrasonic cleaner.

What you supply: The appropriate Agnus, RAM, Denise, Paula, Real Time Clock, and KickStart chips. You will also need to supply a few extra 48 pin sockets to stack on the underside of the Rejuvenator onto the pinheaders to plug into the sockets on the motherboard (recommended type is round machine pin). You can get them on DigiKey. You'll need 1-2 per set of pin headers, so, six sockets would be your best bet to order.

This can be a difficult installation for anyone without experience, patience, and manual dexterity. Don't buy it if you lack any of these traits -- you will break pins and possibly ruin your A1000 and new Rejuvenator. Read the manual, freely available at amiga.resource.cx. If you break a pin, I can repair it for you, for a small cost, but you will pay shipping both ways.

$400 + UPS shipping to USA/Canada only. It will be packed securely, and in an ESD safe method, insured to full value, and require a signature for delivery. Paypal friends and family payment only. I will accept a return (of purchase price, not including shipping cost) within 30 days if you absolutely cannot get it to work and you haven't physically damaged it. Buyer pays return shipping. Refund issued AFTER I have it back in my possession.

Most problems with installation are due to user error (such as not seating it completely into the sockets on the A1000 motherboard, installing RAM/Kickstart/custom chips backwards, etc). I can help you to an extent, but, you are on your own with this. *READ THE MANUAL* before buying. Install it in an ESD safe manner (while wearing grounding wrist strap).
IMG_2706.jpg
IMG_2707.jpg
Last edited by obitus1990 on Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:01 pm

Very, very cool to see one of the more recent PCBs in action with the "secret decoder ring" binary behind the Greg Tibbs memorial.

Without spoiling anything here, did you ever try and decode that binary block?

obitus1990
USA

Posted Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:55 am

No, I had not... "Don't forget to drink your Ovaltine," perchance? :)

Edit: Just did...pretty cool way to do it.

corb000

Posted Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:54 pm

.. any chance you might sell another one at some point..?

obitus1990
USA

Posted Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:34 pm

I'll build another sometime next week.

halfbrite

Posted Thu May 05, 2022 5:01 pm

Please let me know too, I am interested.

obitus1990
USA

Posted Thu May 05, 2022 7:53 pm

Looking for:

a working A1000 NTSC motherboard so I don't have to keep pulling my Rejuvenator out of my setup every time to test a new one I build.

PM me if you have one...thanks!

Return to “Trading Post”