McTrinsic

Posted Thu Dec 29, 2022 10:44 am

Hi all,

ever wanted to have a collection of Amiga-unobtainiums?

Here’s your chance to be the new owner of this dream machine. Due to other obligations I will reduce my Amiga systems to one without any surplus stuff left whatsoever. So I offer anything I have at home that has something to do with Amiga.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=512&p=2498&hilit=Paladin#p2498

The following needs be noted:
- the system is not assembled. Some parts were used to double-check the functionality of another system. As a result, one power cable got broken.
- the RapidRoads were replaced with a freeway Clockport version, as it allows USB via the ANAIIS USB stack und 1.3 (although with limited functionality) and reduces signals on the CPU bus
- the floppy was broken. I only have a 1:1 replacement with the connector of an external floppy. It would require to either replace the cable on the board or use the phoenixboard connector for an external floppy.
- the Clockport-adapter from iComp has been replaced with a better one with only one clockport, for use with the freeway cp. Splitting the ports wasn’t a good idea in a loaded system.
- the eject button of the DVD is non-functional
- OS 3.2 is included as software

There is more stuff to it that I can give you a complete overview of once I am home early next week. For example, I also have a Catweaezle PCI Floppy controller that can hold two SIDs.

Please be aware that this is like a unicorn and I am looking for a respective value. Details via PM. I ship from Germany if you want to consider this.

Thanks,
McTrinsic

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:09 pm

Speechless...

McTrinsic

Posted Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:31 pm

Don’t worry, I still have one Amiga left. Maybe I read too much about the Japanese concept of Ikigai - amongst other things, you also need be able to let go.

One Amiga is enough. Look at it like this: I’d want this wonderful
machine to receive the attention and AmigaLove it deserves ;) .

Appee

Posted Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:06 am

Which amiga is your keep amiga? Is it a 3000?

My keep(s) if I had them would be my amiga 1000 fully uupgraded.I am going to keep at least one 500 (my rev 6a chicken lips with my rev 3 keyboard as a back up. I don't own a 3000 but it would make the cut. So would a 1200. Of course, my goal is to reduce to 2, but I can't imagine giving up my 500 or 1000 so I guess those are the keepers. My 2000 is too dangerous to keep once I have money again. Too many upgrade options!

I guess I want one of every gen.

A1K
A500
A3000
A1200

McTrinsic

Posted Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:33 am

The whole system is basically exactly that: a wonderfully upgraded A1000.

Let’s talk about the new system once this one finds a new home where it will be appreciated in its unique setup.

McTrinsic

Posted Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:33 am

Currently restoring the system to former glory :).

The Freeway Clockport is much more robust, so I keep the original iComp Clockport adapter.

I also will add the alternative as well as an Freeway USB Zorro II if you want to replace the VarIO card with it … or use it for a different system.

If you want to declare interest or sort of want to reserve in current state, let me know.

Getting a few loosely interested messages, I wouldn’t want to keep everyone updated ;).

Cheers,
McT

Appee

Posted Sat Dec 31, 2022 11:21 am

It'll be great to hear about it, but I can't afford a proper offer.

McTrinsic

Posted Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:45 am

Small update.

To ensure that the buyer gets a fully working, perfect system, I have completely disassembled the system and will build again from scratch.

I will then take pics and on request also videos.

Appee

Posted Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:30 am

This will be your last chance to take videos. Can you film the take apart and the put together and email Amigalove the footage? Maybe also share your experiences, opinions and feelings. It would make a great goodbye/tribute to your computer. Granted, I'm not really in a position to volunteer our brave content creator, but the idea sounds nice so I'm saying it just in case.

McTrinsic

Posted Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:53 am

Hi,

nice idea.

Unfortunately, videos are not my style. I’ll think about documenting putting it together by pics and maybe text.

… it already is completely dismantled.

Return to “Trading Post”