Dynamic_Computing

Posted Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:08 pm

Give your poor, unused C1581 drive a new home. Mine! I am on the prowl for a working C1581. My new C128 has two lovely C1571 drives and the SD2IEC, but she tells me she really want a 3.5" drive to make her feel modern. So you have one? Maybe even a non functional one? Let's make a deal!

Dynamic_Computing

Posted Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:23 pm

I found one in Canada at a reasonable price. It will probably smell like Canadian Beer and be full of moose hair, but I understand it still works. This will take its place on my lovely C128 - Which will have two 1571's, an SD2IEC and now a 1581! With the 64NIC+ I have coming in, this little guy will be networked, too! Who needs an i7 with 16 Gigs and an SSD drive? Not me! I will be cranking along at 2 Mhz in FAST mode all day long!

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:34 pm

Speaking of 2MHz fast, have you seen all of the games a dude on Reddit has found that were (incorrectly?) published at 1Mhz? He's been resubmitting them to CSDB at 2Mhz.

Several Infocom games... and a few more. Kinda cool/weird.

Dynamic_Computing

Posted Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:58 am

intric8 wrote:Speaking of 2MHz fast, have you seen all of the games a dude on Reddit has found that were (incorrectly?) published at 1Mhz? He's been resubmitting them to CSDB at 2Mhz.

Several Infocom games... and a few more. Kinda cool/weird.
Nope - I will have to check that out! 80 Column 2 Mhz FTW!

Return to “Trading Post”