intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:36 am

Long shot, but I'm looking for one of those clear Commodore 64C cases that were born from a Kickstarter a few years ago. Only a relatively small batch was ever made. But if anyone has one that's just sitting in their closet, I'd love to give it a new home - and pay a fair price, of course. Ping me here or PM me.

Cheers
Attachments
clearCase64.jpg

rpiguy9907

Posted Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:12 pm

It is disappointing that Pixel Wizards is only making them in Black, Beige, Gray amd SX-64 colored. The red, blue, and transparent Kickstarter cases were very cool.

Zippy Zapp
CA, USA

Posted Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:07 am

They also seemed to be better quality from what I have seen at a fraction of the price. The kickstarter case should have made more before he turned over the moulds. I have a clear one with a reloaded board in it that has been sitting on a shelf awaiting the translucent keys that we will probably never see.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:08 pm

@zippyZapp yeah - kind of amazing the molds wound up in the hands of Jens in Germany. Shipping must have cost a small fortune!

And while I applaud the new color options, the imperfections are pretty bad considering the prices. They are more than 2X the Kickstarter cases. I have a white/beige Ks case and it doesn’t have any glaring issues at all - no more than an original case.

I figured putting this here was a long shot but ya never know!

Return to “Trading Post”