HEXWALKER
Seattle, WA

Posted Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:24 pm

Hello all! I've snooped around this place before but I finally cracked and joined. :D

I'm Yon! At least, that's what most people call me. I've been into retro computing and the like for the majority of my life. The Genesis is what made me make all of my terrible (or wonderful, perhaps?) financial decisions throughout my life, and I've always had burning interest in the Amiga line as a result. Never had one growing up, but that passion has not yet faded. Here I am now, just over a week from turning 24, sitting here with an Amiga 500 that a friend of mine bought for me as a gift pack in April. It arrived all Yellow, and the pictures I have really don't do it justice. But I got the stuff I wanted together (Accelerator, Gotek, Ram Expansion, etc...) and then did some retrobrighting! Unfortunately, I don't have a proper monitor or scandoubler, so I'm using the RF adapter with this small TV with awful colors that I bought as a child, it works okay.

Before:

After:

Agh, the light still sucks!!!

And that's really it on my end! I have a lot of different machines and all that stuff, and I could go on for hours, but this isn't the board for that!!! Lookin' forward to hangin' out around here! :commodore: :boing: :commodore: :boing:

Zippy Zapp
CA, USA

Posted Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:33 pm

Welcome! Nice setup and that little LCD looks pretty cool on top of the Amiga. LOL. I am guessing 80 col is pretty hard to read.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:12 pm

Welcome, Hexwalker! There are actually quite a few of us here in the Seattle area. Always great to have another!

And holy smoke, a young guy deep into the retro train. Very, very cool!

That work you did on your A500 looks great! Thanks for the pics. Looking forward to seeing you around the site.

By the way, there's also the SEA-CCC in case you're ever interested/free. We're still Zooming for a couple more months until our old space opens back up, but thank goodness I think we're getting close!

JoeUser
Dallas, TX

Posted Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:39 am

intric8 wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:12 pm
We're still Zooming for a couple more months until our old space opens back up, but thank goodness I think we're getting close!
Zoom on an Amiga? Now, that's something I'd like to see, lol... j/k

HillLeah

Posted Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:12 am

Welcome aboard! Very interesting story and introduction! :)
Last edited by HillLeah on Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

fxgogo
Twickenham , U.K.

Posted Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:26 pm

Welcome and really excited to see your interest in machines that are older than you. I would do the same thing, but then I am looking at Mini workstations and mainframes….😂

A1-X1000
Toronto, Canada

Posted Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:36 pm

@ HEXWALKER

welcome aboard :boing: :commodore:

you must be a young guy or have very good vision to use that small screen with your nice A500 ;)

Return to “Member Intros”