amigang

Posted Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:00 am

Hi all, Im AmigaNG, same user on Amigaworld / Amiga.org / EAB / AmigaN / LemonAmiga / Twitter / Youtube

I run AmigaNG website ( https://amigang.com )goal has always been showing how great Amiga was and more importantly can still be!

Fan of anything that pushs the platform forward, mainly follow the Os4 and Os3 markets, currently have

A1200 (my original Amiga untouched)
AmigaCD32
A1200 in a Power Tower with a 68040 - 40mhz / FPU - 40mhz, 32mb Fast Ram, 8.1Gb Hard Drive, AmigaOs 3.9
X1000 with Radeon HD 7800 4GB, 2Gb, AmigaOS 4.1.2
Pi400 with Amikit XE / Amikit XE on PC main Amiga emulation setup

Must admit last year my main Amiga use has just been in Emulation, its kinda of got too good not use.
But still have that Amiga Love!

McTrinsic

Posted Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:55 am

Welcome!

As usual, I can’t resist to ask my classical two things.

1) Pics! We want Pics!!! How does your setup look like?? How do the machines look like? Whatvtower is it? 😃

2) what brought you to Amiga? And what are you doing with them now?
For example, when coming from the C128 and seeing Defender of the Crown for the first time I was totally baffled and in awe. I knew I had to get one. What about you? After that, I was in gaming on my Amiga...

amigang

Posted Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:57 am

(shown running Amikit XE on PC) So equipment / tech I'm more than happy with what I got, but my current Corner Desk / Room setup, not the ideal setup, I would like more room.

So i have my lovely AmigaONE X1000 White to the side of the desk, fractal design design r4 tower its off the ground, that I can just grab the keyboard and mouse to play with it.

I have another black fractal design r4 X1000 tower case, (I was lucky and pick one up that Amiga kit was clearing out) as its a pretty good case for my main PC. Its a i7 9700K, 16Gb ram, 1Tb M.2 SSD, 4Tb HD Game, Win10, Nvidia RTX 2800 8Gb, 32inch Gigabyte Monitor.

My Power Tower Amiga is in storage as the moment would love that setup and clean up, but just dont have the room, my A1200 & CD32 is my main room at the moment I did have my Cd32 setup, but recently switched to my Pi400 that I move between rooms as it so easy to setup anywhere.

amigang

Posted Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:29 am

what brought you to Amiga? And what are you doing with them now?
so grew up with a brother who had a speccy, that I did enjoy, loved programming simple games on it, so I wanted my own computer because we use to get into fights over who could play with it :D

So I remember hearing about the Amiga being one of the better platform to program and make games on due to programs like Amos, SEUCK etc. so I really wanted one, plus I remember looking in the shops and seeing the back of games, the pic for Amiga graphics always looked the best.

I did a big write up here on about me. https://amigang.com/hello-world/

So what i do with it today, same as I did as a kid really, a bit of programming and a bit of gaming.

McTrinsic

Posted Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 am

Wonderful story, thank you so much for sharing!!

I highly enjoyed reading your story. Quite a few things about having fun sound familiar. So turns out that yes, it isn’t always necessary to have the best gfx or sound or fastest machine ... to have fun.

Admittedly, I gave in to the dark side much earlier when upgrading from my Amiga 500. i am impressed about how far you could / can get with an Amiga. Stories like yours are an eye-opener for me in that regard.

Thanks!!

fxgogo
Twickenham , U.K.

Posted Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:40 am

I love that keyboard.

A1-X1000
Toronto, Canada

Posted Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:30 pm

@ amigang

welcome aboard & nice Amiga's ya got there :commodore: :boing:

Return to “Member Intros”