Captain Rufus

Posted Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:03 am

After nearly 30 years from when I first got my 500 I am back to actually trying to use the thing and actually upgrade and repair it. It's a project. One that's been on my mind to some degree forever. To the point I bought a second machine when my original broke with the flashing green bits. (More to come probably in Hardware section.
IMG_20211221_0615428132.jpeg

But when you have it silently judging you? Gotta get a good ride going eventually!

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:38 am

From a plastics perspective, that A500 and GVPHD+ combo looks to be in really minty condition. It'll be an awesome rig when you get it working again.

You have 10 seconds to comply... ;)

BloodyCactus
Lexington VA

Posted Fri Dec 31, 2021 3:14 pm

I want one of those ED209's!

fxgogo
Twickenham , U.K.

Posted Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:29 am

Good luck. I had that combo back in the day as well. Many a night was spent rendering all sorts of 3D goodness in Imagine.

During lockdown in 2020 I started restoring and upgrading an A500. My plastics do not look at good as yours unfortunately, but did put an RGB2HDMI and gotek inside the case while keeping the floppy drive in position . I also have some switches, dials, ports and the gotek display added to the case. Some say it looks more like your Ed209 than an Amiga 500 :D. The only other thing I want to add is an internal hard drive and a paint job like you see on a couple of the machine behind Neil in his RMC Retro videos.

What are planning on doing to your machine?

Hook
Ottawa, Canada

Posted Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:22 am

Someone knows the universal greeting!

Welcome aboard, have an Energon goodie!

P.S. I also talk TV.

A1-X1000
Toronto, Canada

Posted Sat Apr 02, 2022 8:54 pm

welcome aboard Captain Rufus :boing: :commodore: <3

Return to “Member Intros”