Solex68

Posted Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:22 am

Hi,
New member. Picked up an Amiga 1000 last week. It powered on but wasn't working. The guy was kinda over it as far as trouble shooting goes. He has a collection of retro computers and didn't need one that was causing more grief than fun.
Anyway, I picked it up for a mere $200.
Amiga 1000 with EZDINEG's ROM switching board. Commodore 1084 monitor, External 3.5 and external 5.25. A Alpha Circuits (Technisoft) RAM Expansions Techni Soft RAM Board, capable of 8MB but only has 2MB, And a GenLock.
I won't be using the GenLock or the expansion board, likely not the 5.25 external floppy either.
After many hours of YouTube and reading I finally sorted out the issues. So right now it is basically a stock Amiga 1000 with a ROM board. I did purchase a "Parciero 2" but I have not installed it yet. The Parciero maker "David Dunklee" was extremely helpful. I can't say enough great things about him.
My love for the 1000 is due to that was the model I purchased as a college student. I still remember being in the store and struggling with "Do I buy the 1000 or the 500?" Well externally the 1000 looked way more impressive. In hindsight I could have had the 500 which was more upgradable. It doesn't matter. I love the 1000 :)

fxgogo
Twickenham , U.K.

Posted Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:20 pm

So that is a good story and a fine purchase. It is one of the more iconic machines. Got any plans for what you are going to do with the machine now that it is up an running?

BatteMan
France

Posted Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:53 am

Yeah, great buy and "restoration" ! Happy to see a new A1000 working.

Any idea of what you want to do with it ? Upgrade it a little bit and using the stunning WB 1.3 ? ;) If yes, you're in the good place to find so many useful tips and informations !

Amiga rulez ! <3

A1-X1000
Toronto, Canada

Posted Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:51 pm

@ Solex68

My Amiga 1000 took me through University and luckily I didn't have the heart to sell it back in the 90's and I've still got her with me today..welcome aboard :boing: <3

Return to “Member Intros”