o0Nosferatu0o

Posted Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:26 pm

Hi, my name's Pedro and i'm from Portugal. I'm 48 years old and i collect Retro Computers and Consoles.

So my first experience with a computer was the Timex/Sinclair 2048 ( ZX Spectrum 48K clone ) and much later a Commodore Amiga 500.
These were the machines i grew up with and kept till today. Fully Boxed.

My personal collection now comprises some like these:

- ZX Spectrum and clones
- Amstrad CPC
- Commodore Amiga 1000 , 500, 1200 , 2000
- Atari ST , STe , Mega STe
- MGT Sam Coupe
- Acorn Archimedes A3000 , A3010
etc,etc

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:02 pm

Welcome, Pedro!

McTrinsic

Posted Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:46 am

Hi Pedro,

welcome to the board!!

You may find out that I have huge interest in the history of our members regarding their retro-computing.

Especially in your case I’m curious: What brought you to computing in first place? It must have been really new technology back then. From nowadays perspective, this is sometimes hard to understand. Working with limited resources, limited hardware, limited development environment and limited everything. And a society that would consider you a weirdo when talking about „computers“.

Did you experience some of those situation? Anything you would want to share?

It also is quite interesting to hear if you had some moments that were astonishing/jaw-dropping? Like when I saw „Defender of the Crown“ on the Amiga i was blown away and couldn’t believe it. Or even years earlier when seeing certain arcades and then the incredible - at that time - Atari 2600 at home.

With the collection you have there are wonderful machines. Got pictures of the setups??

Anything you do with the machines these days??

Glad you’re here!

Return to “Member Intros”