Skan
Udine, Italy

Posted Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:52 am

Hi there! Skan on keys! Long time Amigan since 1990.
(Retro)gamer, pixel-artist... a bit of everything, usual stuff! :)
Proud owner of an A1200 with 060/SCSI +1942 monitor, an A500 1MB + 1084s and an A4000 with 060 + CV643D (borrowed from a friend).

These days I run a small company where we develop VR content and experiences (we have a game on Steam too) and of course Amiga has been a source of inspiration for all the things I've done ever since.

I stumbled upon this lovely website while searching for a single-disk boot solution for the A1000 and I fell in love with the design and the spirit! =)

Keep the passion alive!

...And if you wonder where the hell Friûl is... well, it's the extreme North-East region of Italy! ;)

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:54 am

Welcome, Skan! Thanks so much for joining. I'd love to see a photo of your Amiga and your setup whenever you get the chance.

I had to look up where your town is. Good lord it looks so beautiful! I hold Italy very close to my heart, as it is where my wife and I honeymooned back in 2003. We flew into Rome, and after a couple days rode a luxury train to Firenze (Florence) where we spent half our trip. What a tremendous city just dripping in history and art.

We then rented a small 3-cylinder Fiat and drove to the Chianti region where we stayed at a small family-owned winery, which hundreds of years ago had been a fort between the Chianti region and Sienna. It had 3 little rooms with kitchens, one of which we rented. Each night we'd drive into the neighboring town and eat dinner. It was heaven on earth.

Anyway...

So glad you joined the site (and triggered some of those memories for me). Looking forward to seeing you join the conversations.

<3

obitus1990
USA

Posted Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:12 pm

Welcome! Italia...the old country, where my people hail from, though much further south in Favignana.

Skan
Udine, Italy

Posted Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:53 am

@intric8 thanks for the warm welcome!

Alas, all my Miggies are resting in their original boxes at the moment... :(
I had to move to a smaller flat some months ago and my stuff is a bit here and there among parents' home, office, new flat... On top of that, the 1200 is been off since October 2017 and I suspect a recapping is long overdue... :/
Same goes for the 4000 that's been off since 2012 or so (battery removed, of course!)
Don't worry, I'm gonna post a pic as soon as I put them all back to work in the coming months, I might even setup an Amiga corner in the office! ;)

Glad you enjoyed your Italian honeymoon, after all Tuscany IS heaven on Earth! My region is much smaller, but the landscape varies a lot in the range of just 100kms from high mountains to a lovely seaside with both cliffs and sand beaches, passing through green hills and plains... there's a bit of art and history here as well, not at Rome and Florence levels, but we can't complain! I feel lucky enough! ;)
Speaking of which... @obitus1990 Favignana... heaven on earth indeed! =)

Anyway, back to Amiga-related things... here's just a taste of my past works as pixel-pusher... damn I miss those days!

TenLeftFingers

Posted Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:10 am

Nice to meet you Skan. I agree, this is a great site.

We interviewed someone from Italy about the Amiga scene there just a few weeks ago http://amigausers.ie/italys-amiga-scene ... ro-adamou/

Do you have any links to see your pixel art? I'd be especially interested in anything done on Amiga. Edit: I see your link in the bottom post, I'll have a look now.

Ciao <3

Zippy Zapp
CA, USA

Posted Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:40 am

Welcome! Glad to have you. Sounds like you have quite the system. An A1200 with an 060 that is awesome.

Greetings from (much too hot, right now) California...

McTrinsic

Posted Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:15 am

I love this pixel art. Great work!

These pictures - if well done like yours - give me this cozy warm feeling of “back then” :) .

Return to “Member Intros”