FredK

Posted Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:52 am

Hi there !

I'm obviously new and wanted to introduce myself in music ! But not by singing some random song, but by sharing an old project I had nearly 30 years ago. But first of all, I want to apologize for my english which is not as beautiful as Shakespear would expect. But, anyway, here are some personal informations.

I began in the early 80's with a C64 that I still have. Then the best gaming part of my life, the ST/Amiga era. I actually still have those as well. The Amiga games have always been my favorite ones and still are nowadays.

When I was young, I made some new soundtracks for the game I loved. But not a remix of the original one but a completely new one as if I'd never heard the game's offical soundtrack at all. Yes I know, it's kind of sacrilege but back in time I didn't expect people to hear that. But now, I put them online and would love to have some feedback from the Amiga comunity ! Good or bad, I know I can't please everyone and I know it's nearly impossible to forget the original tune sticked into our brain. Moreover I'm clearly not David Whittaker or Tim Wright and I have the greatest respect for these artists.

Well, enough talking, here is the playlist. I just hope you won't throw too many rocks at me :?

Be well !

PS: more details are explained in the YT link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTaNKxO ... GQhxrGeNCG

Zippy Zapp
CA, USA

Posted Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:51 am

That's cool and Welcome. Nice reading your story.

What Amigas do you currently own?

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:59 am

Interesting idea, and welcome!

It reminded me of a very cool album I picked up by an analog synthwave lord from Canada named Anthony Scott Burns who goes by the moniker Pilotpriest. I picked it up in 2017 if I remember correctly.

Anyway, the name of the album is Original Motion Picture Soundtrack. In this, he reimagines brand new tracks for 80s movies. He would think of a particular favorite classic movie then compose a brand new track base on the feelings and mood it produced. It's very Stranger Things (Kyle Dixon, Michael Stein). He's not trying to emulate the previous soundtracks, but more celebrate them in his own way.

Anyhoo.. welcome to the site!

fxgogo
Twickenham , U.K.

Posted Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:08 pm

Well that sounds awesome. It reminds me of Dead Can Dance in style. Nice idea, never thought of doing that, but actually sounds like fun. Looking forward to hearing more.

FredK

Posted Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:56 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome. I actually still have the A500 and the monitor. An Amiga game on modern LED screens is a non-sense even if I had to do it that way to record my alternative soundtracks.

It's weird that you compare the style with Dead Can Dance because I have all Dead Can Dance albums and used to listen to them when I was playing games likes Dungeon Master, Crypt or Xenomorph. I say 'weird" because I can find some inspiration in my Dark Ambient Channels but not precisely in those alternative OST but I take it as a compliment and won't give it back :-p

I'd love to know what's your favorite alternate track I made and what's your favorite Amiga soundtrack ever.

Return to “Member Intros”