ubermick
California, via Cork

Posted Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:24 pm

Am utterly shocked I wasn't already a member on here, but...

Originally from Ireland, grew up with an A500+ and was massively into the trading and demo scene back then until I discovered these things called "girls" and then it all went to pot.

Now living over in the San Francisco area, and when the 40s hit a few years back got myself the dream A1200 setup. Sat gathering dust, sold it to a German fella who cried openly when he saw it. 6 years later, bought another A1200 which also sat gathering dust, which I sold last year.

And now here's me aged 47 and getting itchy again... this time though, think I'll be making @mattsoft's A600 MISTer project!

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:56 pm

Welcome, ubermick! Cool of you to find us and join up.

If you do get that A600 project going, would love to see your progress! Mattsoft did a simply amazing job on that kit. Good luck, and welcome back into the fold!

By the way, did you know there is an (online) Ireland Amiga event coming up in about a week?

Competition info here

Event info here

Zippy Zapp
CA, USA

Posted Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:34 pm

Hi and welcome from another SF Bay area dude. I love the Demo scene.

Demos back then were always something I tried to download as many as I could back when 9600 baud was considered high-speed. LOL. And when I found a program to switch my A500 into PAL mode for the demos I really loved it. Nowadays I just use my A1200 and startup in PAL when I want to watch demos. For everything else I just use NTSC screen modes.

TenLeftFingers

Posted Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:39 pm

Tá míle fáilte ubermick, from the West coast of Ireland. That's a funny story about the guy breaking down when he saw the 1200 😂

I don't get a fraction of the time I'd like either, but I see it as a retirement project; learn to type now and release my first demo when I'm 60 :D

Met some great people from SF who couched surfed with me here in Galway. Hope life is good.

fxgogo
Twickenham , U.K.

Posted Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:17 pm

Hey Ubermick. The mister is a great choice, I might end up with option as well. I do find the original equipment is very fragile these days. Although my Raspberry Pi 400 is making a great Amiga system that flys.

Return to “Member Intros”