OldAmigan

Posted Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:09 am

Hi folks,

I'm Fred, aka OldAmigan or AmigaOldie on most other Amiga sites.

I got into the Amiga after buying my son an A600 one Christmas. He moved on to the PC (a retrograde step) and I still have the A600, along with a second one, two A1200's, one of which I'm towerising, an A500 and a CDTV, plus I have an AmigaOne XE G4 which has given me no end of grief over the years.

I also have MorphOS on a Mac Mini and a Powermac G4 and AROS on a Dell 10" Netbook.

I have one of Steve Jones' Checkmate cases which is still in it's box, waiting for the eventual release of the A1222Plus.

I don't tend to post too much but avidly check out all the Amiga sites several times each week.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:10 am

Hi OldAmiga - welcome! Thanks for joining.
one of which I'm towerising
I would surely love to see that.

What's your son's opinion these days about your hobby? And when you got that original A600 for him, was it one of those gifts where you think, "Oh you he (I) will love this!" =)

I might have done that on a few occasions with my own kids. Every year.

Zippy Zapp
CA, USA

Posted Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:12 pm

Welcome. I would love to see your progress on the A1200 Tower. I have thought of doing that myself but too many projects on my plate at the moment and I never seem to finish them all.

fxgogo
Twickenham , U.K.

Posted Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:14 pm

Welcome. That is a nice collection of Amigas. What activity do you like to do with them?

TenLeftFingers

Posted Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:44 pm

Hi OldAmigan. I'm just across the sea from you in Ireland. Do you ever go to the meetings in Glasgow?

Return to “Member Intros”