miraco
Louisville Ky

Posted Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:30 am

Hello! I am a long time Commodore guy. Purchased a SuperPET in 1981 from Micro Age Computers which I still have and it works! Of course it has needed some TLC over the years. In 1986 I bought my A1000 and bought every magazine I could find. After years of storage I recently set it up and just bought a Parceiro which has been a fantastic upgrade that keeps the A1K experience original.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:07 am

Welcome, miraco! Thanks for joining.

Have you set your Parceiro up? FYI I've been in close contact with David Dunklee and he's still hacking away at improving and expanding the experience all the time.

This past week he discovered how to get the Parceiro to boot using the 2GB SD card with ZERO validation read-waiting after workbench loads. Normally when you boot the machine the Parceiro will continue to do a validation check in the background, preventing you from doing any writes for about 20 seconds (where the red light flashes after bootup completes for a short while). I never considered that a big deal because, heck, on my other machines with large drives, I'm forced to just stare at a gray screen while that occurs. At least with the Parceiro I can start to launch programs and get to work.

But he's now eliminated that from the equation, too. All you have to do is format the card a very certain way on a Windows PC and - poof! - problem solved!

Anyhoo - glad to have you here and would love to see some of the machines in your collection.

Zippy Zapp
CA, USA

Posted Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:21 am

Welcome. Happy to hear you saved all your stuff from those days. Although I saved some of my stuff I wish I would have saved all of my stuff from those days.

miraco
Louisville Ky

Posted Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:24 am

Thanks guys! Yeah I have the Parceiro up and running on one of the A1K machines. I was planning to create a backup SD so this info is perfectly timed!
My collection isn’t very large:
1 SuperPET
2 8050 drives
2 Plus/4
1 C64
2 Amiga 1000
Using an HC508 on one A1K and the Parceiro on the other
I prefer to configure the Amigas as close to original experience as possible, so usually keep the HC508 CPU acceleration disabled. Weird I know ;)

miraco
Louisville Ky

Posted Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:26 am

Oh yeah, forgot the C128 :roll:

Return to “Member Intros”