hishamk

Posted Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:19 pm

Hey guys,

I basically grew up and cut my coding teeth around C= computers. Had a C64 but then the Amiga came on the scene and that was a whole lot of fun. It's like someone had travelled from the future and plonked this beautiful machine on our 80's wooden desks. A machine that was unbelievably good and fun! Surreal times they were.

Too bad that feeling of time travel didn't last past the early 90's. C= management sucks :)

Cheers!
Hisham

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:29 pm

Welcome, Hisham! Thanks for joining our small but growing community of Amiga and Commodore fanatics.

Were you living in Bahrain in the 80s when you where hacking on your C= machines? Living on an island sounds quite romantic and exotic.

hishamk

Posted Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:51 pm

intric8 wrote:Were you living in Bahrain in the 80s when you where hacking on your C= machines? Living on an island sounds quite romantic and exotic.
Yup. C= was quite popular in Bahrain. In fact, the guy who developed the Arabic character set/codepage for the C= PET is from down here.

TenLeftFingers

Posted Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:19 pm

Hi hishamk,

Amiga was a taste of the future for me too. What a leap from the C64. Very interesting that guy who developed the Arabic character set for C= PET was from there :)

Return to “Member Intros”