Dasfaust
Burkburnett, TX
YouTube

Posted Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:33 am

Hello everyone, I am glad to be here, I am not as well versed in all things Amiga, but I am hoping to learn from you guys.

I have an Amiga 2000 that I was close to having work, and an Amiga 1000 I wasn't able to figure out how to get booted when I had to pack up all my computers from yesteryear as we prepared to try an sell our house, in the hopes of moving in another house that would have room for all of my hobbies involving old computers, 3d printing, new computers, gaming to name the main ones. We were unable to move, and my classic computers are still packed up, albeit in storage on the property instead of a storage unit in town. We are having a combination of carport/workshop built, so I have a cover for my tractor, and the wife's ZTR, and workshop/studio for me to get all my stuff out and get to cracking on it again. I have a few questions that I will post in the appropriate forums, not many, as I'm sure I will find most of my answers in already asked questions.

Thank you for allowing me to join, and I will get some pictures of my Amigas and Commodores once I get spread out and organized.

I am originally from Wichita Falls, TX, moved to Bastrop in the mid 80's, joined the Air Force, returned to the area in 2009 after retiring. I am currently 18 miles from my birthplace in Burkburnett, TX.

obitus1990
USA

Posted Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:02 pm

Welcome! Hope you can get back to retrocomputing ASAP :)

Dasfaust
Burkburnett, TX
YouTube

Posted Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:28 pm

I got tired of waiting and started dabbling with emulators on a Raspberry Pi 4, and retro gaming on a Pi Zero W, though I did install RetroPie on the 4 to see if compiling Vice worked on it, as the only way to get Vice on the Zero was from the precompiled binaries. Took just over an hour to get a dialog box saying it just couldn't compile on the Zero. Compiled from source on the 4 in just under 20 minutes I think.

JoeUser
Dallas, TX

Posted Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:55 pm

Dasfaust wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:33 am
I am originally from Wichita Falls, TX, moved to Bastrop in the mid 80's, joined the Air Force, returned to the area in 2009 after retiring. I am currently 18 miles from my birthplace in Burkburnett, TX.
Welcome!

Sounds like we'll be neighbors in a few years, I'll be down the road in SM. Similar situation, retiring in 36-48 months to my soon-to-be-built-up little ranch(ero)!

My upcoming challenge is to either build the new house with all the right rooms; either a large hobby room in the house, or a hobby/workshop in the to-be-constructed mega-garage/shop. I, too, have way too much warez and need some room, baby! :)

fxgogo
Twickenham , U.K.

Posted Tue May 11, 2021 4:53 am

Those machines look lovely. You will definitely be able to some sweet sets up going. Welcome.

Return to “Member Intros”