retrorewind.ca

Posted Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:52 pm

Alas, what can I say, I am a Commodore addict and I am not ashamed to admit it.

The name is Frank. I have been collecting, repairing and designing items for retro computers for a while now.

I decided to turn my addiction passion into a sort of career. See, my wife was getting really sick of the old machines everywhere. She couldn't check Pintrest or watch Netflix with them.

In passing she said "Why don't you try selling some of the crap you have made?". The light bulb slowly increased and a retro computer empire was born, lol.

I turned my passion and hobby into something that continues to feed my addiction and hobby. RetroRewind.ca was born.

* Names and places have been substituted in this story to protect the innocent.

fxgogo
Twickenham , U.K.

Posted Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:10 am

Great work of fiction there. Looking forward to more tales from the Northern Territories. Welcome to a truly awesome forum.

Zippy Zapp
CA, USA

Posted Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:38 am

LOL, funny story and yet so relatable to those that are married.

Welcome!

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:11 am

We're extremely lucky and honored to have you, Frank! Can't wait to see some of your surviving collection. You have this lo-res pic on your site of your workbench.
Retro_Rewind_Workbench.jpeg
Photo © Retro Rewind 2021

Is this still an up-to-date photo? And, do you have a higher-res version? =)

Cheers!

retrorewind.ca

Posted Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:54 pm

intric8 wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:11 am
We're extremely lucky and honored to have you, Frank! Can't wait to see some of your surviving collection. You have this lo-res pic on your site of your workbench.

Retro_Rewind_Workbench.jpeg

Is this still an up-to-date photo? And, do you have a higher-res version? =)

Cheers!
Everything you see there is used for development and prototyping. I have one of everything we make products for. It’s just easier to pull it down and work on it than dig through one of the shelves for it.

We just signed a lease for some space, so I can move all of our manufacturing equipment out of my basement. Just waiting for the landlord to do some agreed to Reno’s. As soon as that is done, I will post some higher res images of our space and my collection.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:15 pm

Congrats on the new studio! How exciting.

A1-X1000
Toronto, Canada

Posted Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:42 pm

@ retrorewind.ca

hey Frank great to see you here too...gotta pass by to finally see your new shop and drop off my Rev2B MB for you to solve those two timing issues we were talking about :boing: :commodore:

Return to “Member Intros”