Ratte

Posted Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:35 am

Hello from Germany.

My name is André Pfeiffer, some might know me under the handle Ratte.
I am working with the Amiga since 1987.
Since then i produced various things:

Twinkick, Kickwork (3.1), KickTOS
HighGFX, OpenGFX, RadeonOpenPCI
Monitorswitch, Switchcontrol
ApolloFix .. and many many more

Greetings
André

JoeUser
Dallas, TX

Posted Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:38 am

Welcome! And thanks for all the great contributions, it's good to have you here!

McTrinsic

Posted Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:19 am

Herzlich willkommen :) !

Glad to have you here. As per my usual rant, I’d be highly interested in some of your history.

Got anything particular that got you into ‚Amiga‘? Like when I first saw Defender of the Crown on an Amiga (1000). I really couldn’t believe it.

Also - do you have any pics from your setup?

Ratte

Posted Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:08 am

McTrinsic wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 3:19 am
Herzlich willkommen :) !

Glad to have you here. As per my usual rant, I’d be highly interested in some of your history.

Got anything particular that got you into ‚Amiga‘? Like when I first saw Defender of the Crown on an Amiga (1000). I really couldn’t believe it.

Also - do you have any pics from your setup?
Hi,

at almost 50 years old, I seem to be slightly demented. I can't remember why I started with computers. Maybe I had no friends to play with and my parents were annoyed with me.

My history?!
In the beginning was the word ...
(The Gospel of John, chapter 1)

Pictures? As a father of two, I can take a picture of our basement stairs for you. At the bottom of the stairs there is a room where my hobby is packed in boxes in some corner.
The passage of time has turned my hobby room into a children's room, so you can alternatively get pictures of Lego or Playmobile. If you can wait another 15 years or so, maybe one of the kids will clear out their room and I can unpack the stuff again.

In my immeasurable modesty, I only sit in front of the computer masked, in order to work undetected.
That's why I can't reveal anything about myself.

The main thing is to have fun and understand humor.
Is your overbred Phoenix still running?

Greetings
The masked Ratte
:P

McTrinsic

Posted Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:57 pm

Hi,

basically sounds familiar. My kids are beyond Lego and Playmobil. Not sure if this is a good thing. In hindsight, that was a really cute time 🙂.

Anyway, the Phoenix was disassembled and is waiting re-assembly. Temporarily some of the hardware was considered for another project. As USB wasn’t working reliably with the USB2Eth-adapter I am thinking about trying the freeway - if I ever get one.

obitus1990
USA

Posted Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:55 pm

Welcome! I've built myself several of your monitor switches...thank you for sharing the design!

A1-X1000
Toronto, Canada

Posted Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:29 pm

@ Ratte

welcome aboard Andre! I've been trying to get a hold of one of your 'Auto switches' to use in my Mediator Tower for a while now so if you happen to find one in the corner of what used to be your office/ work area while playing with your kids please let me know eh ;)

btw, been there done that with my 'little kids' that aren't that 'little' any more and all I can say is "yesterday" I was changing my daughters diaper while my wife was screaming in the background for something or other and next week we'll be celebrating her 17'th birthday 8-) :shock:

Return to “Member Intros”