Orcan

Posted Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:24 pm

Hi. Greetings from the middle of Norway from this newcomer.
Stumbled upon this nice forum not long ago. A big fan of WB1.3, so those articles I found here really warms my heart.

I got my old A500 from my childhood recently upgraded with some more ram and an external Gotek.
Also got an A1200 with 40GB "harddrive" and a cute little Apollo 1230 Turbo Lite (LC) with 8MB of RAM.

-Ørjan

austin90

Posted Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:40 pm

Hey Orcan! nice to see a new face!

McTrinsic

Posted Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:29 am

Welcome Orcan!!

It’s really encouraging to see people from all over the world join.

As for you Amigas. Pics!! I want pics!! What does you setup, how do the miggies look like after all the years?

Regarding the history. Make sure that in case you have an older ChipRAM expansion to check for any Varta batteries. They leak after a few years and then destroy your hardware.

What brought you to the Amiga? Gaming? Making music with trackers?? Any genuine Amiga experiences?

Cheers,
McT

Orcan

Posted Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:41 pm

Aaand here is some images of my small collection:

Amiga 500. My Amiga from back in the day. Rev6 I believe. Yes, the leaking battery is removed from the ram expansion, in fact I've added 1.5MB ram (do not quite remember) quite recently - for some reason. Probably for some idea of having a large RAD or something. Works well, but the floppy drive needed some cleaning and love. I've added an external Gotek with an embedded DF0/DF1 switch in the back:

Amiga 1200. Bought this from Estonia many years ago. An Escom model I believe. It is fitted with an 40GB drive running from an SD card, and a 1230 accelerator with 8MB fast ram and fpu. Running what I think is OS3.9. Also got the a ShapeShifter boot option with MacOs. However, do not got so much ram, but at least I am able to run the nice Mac version of Prince of Persia...

Got an old "east block" (some cyrilic characters written on it) monitor stored in my basement which is compatible. Otherwise I just connect with an rgb to scart cable on my old tv as shown.

Orcan

Posted Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:55 pm

Got into the Amiga in the early 90-ties, which was quite popular in Norway at this time.
I envied my cousin of his Amiga 500 with it's fantastic graphics and games and me and my brother finally got one.

We were living quite isolated in the countryside, I did not have much similar interests as my peers (which lived miles away anyway) and found comfort in my Amiga. Played a lot of games, but mostly my interest was in strategy/management games like Civilization, K240 etc., graphic adventures (Monkey Island!!!) and 1. person rpg's (I love Black Crypt).

Started to make some animations i DPaint, and eventually started to get into programming as making a game became a dream of mine - and still probably is. Got into Amos and created (well, no-one were actually finished) a couple of games including some text-adventures and a 1. person rpg.

Still like the Amiga, and do still search for old programs and games. I am still impressed by the imagination and ambition people had back in the day in creating game concepts.

fxgogo
Twickenham , U.K.

Posted Sun Sep 11, 2022 4:43 am

Welcome, welcome. Great to see your machines. so what are your future plans with your machines? You mentioned coding back in the day. Are we going to see a killer demo or game come from your Nordic shores?

Orcan

Posted Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:55 pm

Would be nice to make a game or another small project some time. However time (and skills) are limited. :D

A1-X1000
Toronto, Canada

Posted Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:46 pm

Hi Orcan, welcome aboard & nice systems you have :boing: :commodore:

Return to “Member Intros”