jonnyenglish

Posted Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:37 am

Hi.
I am a 59 year old, who grew up with the Amiga. Never owned anything else. Once i got my first Amiga 500,
i was hooked. I went on to get myself an A1200, and that sealed the deal. Every magazine (that had the attached
floppy too), i bought. My favorite game in first place was, and always will be, Joe Blade. Following a close second,
was the one and only, Cannon Fodder. (bought it for the music really lol), "War has never been so much fun, war
has never been so much fun".....sorry, i was singing it lol. In third place, was Lemmings and Globdule. I couldn`t
decide which one was best. My heart sank the day i bought an Amiga magazine, and it informed me that there
would be no more. The Amiga was on it`s way out. Good to see though, that this group exists.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:40 am

Welcome, jonnyenglish - thanks for joining!

Do you still have your Amigas? If so, any pics of your setup?

I must admit I've never played Joe Blade. I'll have to put that one on my list for sure. I've seen many mention it before. I'm in the midst of Ultima IV right now. I hope I am able to finish it! It's tough...

jonnyenglish

Posted Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:55 am

Unfortunately no. I left England for America 18 years ago, but had my belongings
at a friend`s house. Some years later, he had a house fire, which gutted everything.
I really wish i took them with me, as i am sure i would have got them working in the US.

oldbull

Posted Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:12 pm

Welcome. Try searching online for local "retrogaming" expo events. Sometimes after you walk past the tables of Nintendo vendors, you can find Amiga gear. Once that's done, you can look into the "PAL mod" to play the games you grew up with on an NTSC machine.

A1-X1000
Toronto, Canada

Posted Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:27 pm

welcome back! We're still here and still kickin back :D

JazzyTech

Posted Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:32 pm

jonnyenglish wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:37 am
Hi.
I am a 59 year old, who grew up with the Amiga. Never owned anything else. Once i got my first Amiga 500,
i was hooked. I went on to get myself an A1200, and that sealed the deal. Every magazine (that had the attached
floppy too), i bought. My favorite game in first place was, and always will be, Joe Blade. Following a close second,
was the one and only, Cannon Fodder. (bought it for the music really lol), "War has never been so much fun, war
has never been so much fun".....sorry, i was singing it lol. In third place, was Lemmings and Globdule. I couldn`t
decide which one was best. My heart sank the day i bought an Amiga magazine, and it informed me that there
would be no more. The Amiga was on it`s way out. Good to see though, that this group exists.
I remember that tune.. an old favorite for sure :) (Cannon Fodder)

sportbikepilot

Posted Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:01 pm

If you are looking to get back into the Amiga scene, ask around in the trading post area. I got turned on to a fellow out of the Bay area and ended up buying a complete A1000 system from him for a heck of a lot less than you see on eBay. I love it! Brings me back to my early teens.

I just added an 8MB upgrade board to it!

Welcome to the forum, hope you are active!

Return to “Member Intros”