hyperunknown

Posted Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:40 am

Hello everyone! I literally just ran into this site randomly while on Google (if "random" and "google" is even a thing together ;D).
So I guess introductions are in order! My name is Daniel, born 1978, and originally from Iceland.

I started using Amiga 500 in 1992, and immediately stumbled upon the demoscene (Kefrens Megademo 7 was the first one I had), and I've been living in modtrackers ever since. Mahoney & Kaktus tracker is my favorite ofcourse, they were my childhood heroes (even got to meet Mahoney a few years back, w00t). I'm still in the demoscene tracking music, everything from chipmods to full fledged VST-tracking to MP3's using Protracker 2.3D, FastTracker2 and Renoise. One thing I DO NOT do however, is use any Amiga tracker newer than 2.3, i.e any v3+, they're too messy.

This weekend I'm going to a demoparty again, to complete in the music competitions, I attend about 2-3 of these a year.

I have an Amiga500+ that has been ridiculously modded;
Motherboard cleaned & recapped with new capacitors, power supply re-made, kickstart switch, GoTEK, modded mouse (clicks), RGB LED's, hydrodipped, and also the ACA500+ expansion.

The full build can be seen here: http://amiga.hyperunknown.net

Im going to browse the forums and see what fun things I can find, I need to figure out some basic stuff in Workbench, I've been tracking continuously on the Amiga since 1992 but actually never used Workbench properly >< .. Getting all icons to show by default, and stuff like that.

Well I guess that's it, I'll go submerge myself in the forums now :D
  <3

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:49 am

@hyperunknown Welcome! Wow what a fantastic machine and kick ass history with the 500!

Do you have links to your tracks? (Are you on bandcamp - I looked but can't seem to find you?) Would love to check out your work while I'm at the office. :)

ArtstateDigital
Wales, United Kingdom

Posted Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:48 am

Very nice setup! So, you used to be in 2000AD, right?

AMP (Amiga Music Preservation)

Zippy Zapp
CA, USA

Posted Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:34 pm

Wow, that is an incredible mod job you did. Welcome and thanks for sharing!

Mr.Toast
Roseville, CA

Posted Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:39 pm

Seriously baller 500. Thank you for sharing your passions with us!

I've always been envious of the vibrant demo scene in the UK/Europe as well as the amazing track work that they practically invented from scratch there. Kudos for being a part of keeping it alive!

hyperunknown

Posted Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:24 am

@ intric8:
Never been on bandcamp, but I have a few things on soundcloud;
However, all the MOD/XM's I've put up here;
Been lazy the past few years though but I'm getting back in there :P

@ ArtstateDigital
Indeed, 2000AD and 2KAD/Rebels as it was for a bit .. I really need to update the AMP page ><
Currently in Noice since about 15 years back :)

@ Zippy Zapp & Mr.Toast
Thanks :D Actually I think the demoscene is more alive now than it ever was :P

Return to “Member Intros”