intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:45 pm

Anyone else have any original arcade glass marquees?

These are the two I have.
IMG_9946.jpg
The thing about these marquees is they are quite fragile and easy to damage. The print can scrape off the glass without much effort. Add to the fact they can be damaged by heat and sometimes moisture, finding primo specimens all these years later is not easy.

IMG_9948.jpg
These suckers are printed on the back of solid glass, which makes them kinda heavy. If you look closely this one has just the slightest case of "orange peel" probably from hot lights pointed at it for years.

There are a few more on my radar...

Iconic favorites of mine like TRON, Joust, Centipede, Shinobi, Tempest, Sinistar, Galaga, Defender... I mean, you know.

But I've never been in a massive rush. Just when the mood strikes and the specimen is REALLY looking nice for a decent price. With all those requirements and variables I haven't had the chance the pull the trigger often. But when I do, these are pretty cool to see in person. I put the Ms PacMan in my TV sun room, which lights it up naturally really well.

BloodyCactus
Lexington VA

Posted Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:14 am

yeah I have some arcade PCB's here, and some marquee's.

this one is closest to hand

this is an original, couple of small scratches.

obitus1990
USA

Posted Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:37 pm

No marquees here, but, I do have a couple of JAMMA PCBs and a supergun I built myself to play them on my TV.

BloodyCactus
Lexington VA

Posted Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:32 pm

superguns are sweet. I had one ages ago I made that also had amiga outputs.

oh I also have a sega Namoi with netdimm that is super cool.

Mostly I collect Sega System 1 (sometimes called System 8) PCB's. Choplifter/Wonderboy/Flicky/etc.

Return to “Retro Corner”