Hans

Posted Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:39 pm

I posted a new Commodore 64 video on my YouTube channel. I hope you guys enjoy the video. :D

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbt9t_O5Au4

Zippy Zapp
CA, USA

Posted Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:18 pm

You paid $20 and a few dollars in caps and they are now worth $350? Is that what C64s are going for on eBay? Because if so I am going to start selling my spares. I would never pay $350 for a C64 unless it had a solid gold case or it was brand new in a box direct from an ex-Commodore employee.

Hans

Posted Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:56 pm

Zippy Zapp wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:18 pm
You paid $20 and a few dollars in caps and they are now worth $350? Is that what C64s are going for on eBay? Because if so I am going to start selling my spares. I would never pay $350 for a C64 unless it had a solid gold case or it was brand new in a box direct from an ex-Commodore employee.
Well, since SID chips sell for $65 to $85, VIC II chips sell for $45, PLA chips sell for $45 to $65, then yes, Commodore 64 computers in working, recapped, heat-sinks installed condition actually sell for $300 to $500 each. I sell just the bare C64 boards, with the VIC II and SID chips removed, for $130 to $200 each. I average $350 for each Commodore 64 computer, and the prices will climb from there.

Log onto eBay. Do an Advanced Search for Commodore 64 computer. Then make sure to check the box next to Sold. This will inform you on how much Commodore 64 computers have sold for in the last 3 months.

If you want to earn MAXIMUM PROFIT, do not post vintage computer items in Auction Format. Do your homework. Find out the present value of the item you want to sell. Take clear pictures. Post a nice and informative description. then post your vintage computer item as a Fixed Price listing.

Return to “Retro Corner”