3D-vice
Germany

Posted Mon May 16, 2022 9:05 am

fxgogo wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 4:05 pm
(...) I wonder if shortages of raw materials had anything to do with the problem?
Could be... The Hintsteiner company usually has a high quality standard for their products. Also, I've read comments on various forums that the Mega 65 case itself seems to be more "felixble" than other comparable cases, such as the new C64C cases. Maybe there was a problem with the granulate material... well, just assumptions though.

3D-vice
Germany

Posted Mon May 16, 2022 9:06 am

intric8 wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 8:34 am
I've nearly finished creating a Quick Start guide for the M65. I hope to get it out in the next couple of days.

EDIT:
Check your email.
Got it. Thank you so much! :D

A1-X1000
Toronto, Canada
Website

Posted Wed May 18, 2022 10:55 pm

intric8 wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 7:42 pm

…Here's a shot of my top shell. You can really only see this in very good lighting situations. But it's there.

Note the "teenager's legs stretchmarks" across the top-back area. Those striations are very likely the cause of my issue. I feel like I've a better shot at leaving the bottom half alone and trying to move the top area to fit. Since it's already visually not perfect, seems like a place to start. You know what I mean?
wow never would I have imagined a german made brand new in 2022 case have those defects period ! I’m still waiting for mine to arrive and I only ordered a day after some of you here so great to see that I’ve seen SN’s in the high 600’s already BUT damn these case flaws are freaking me out more than a bit man

Update: Just found out the first 100 SN's were the original C65 units and 101-300 were the MEGA65 dev kits so the first 400 units currently being delivered are SN's 301-700.

fxgogo
London, U.K.
Website

Posted Fri May 20, 2022 1:44 pm

So I write for Pixel Addict & Amiga Addict magazine and we are planning a feature article on the Mega 65 in the near future. I wanted to know if any of you 65 owners are keen on giving your views and experience on the machine so far? Have you made anything exciting? How well does it perform? Anything really. PM me if you are interested.

Return to “8 Bits”