obitus1990
USA

Posted Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:39 pm

Finally finished up my U64 build... got the Mechboard64 in the mail today. Pretty much a 100% new C64 in 2019...neat! The only old part is the keycaps, robbed from a partially functional original.

BTW, only 3 attachments per post is annoying as heck!
IMG_7354.JPG
IMG_7350.JPG
IMG_7349.JPG

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:55 pm

That build looks great! I love that blue case, too. I've been trying to get one on Ebay for ages from this one guy, but while he has a "Make an Offer" button, he really doesn't mean it.
BTW, only 3 attachments per post is annoying as heck!
Let me see what I can do to deal with that for you guys.

UPDATE:
I changed it from 3 to a new healthy 10. If you guys want more than that just let me know!

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:09 pm

On a related side-note, I wish there was a key-puller that had a rubber coating around the metal whatchamacalit pullers. When I pull the keys, there will be a tiny scrape 75% of the time on the left or right side of each key. I can see them on your F keys, too, so know I'm not alone in this phenomenon.

Now I'll usually try my fingers first. But if I just can't get a good grip I'll use the keycap puller knowing full well I'm going to nick it a little bit.

It's not a big deal. Just something I wish some key-puller tool manufacturer would address at some stage. Just put a tiny coating of rubber around the wands so we reduce the scrapes. You know what I mean?

McTrinsic

Posted Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:16 am

Awesome build, really like it.

While this is an Amiga forum it is the one the keeps pushing me to finish my C64 :) .

Enjoy your wonderful machine! What accessories will you use?

obitus1990
USA

Posted Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:53 pm

McTrinsic wrote:Awesome build, really like it.

While this is an Amiga forum it is the one the keeps pushing me to finish my C64 :) .

Enjoy your wonderful machine! What accessories will you use?
Well, there aren't very many accessories needed, I guess, given all the integration of a drive into the Ultimate. I have a Thunderdrive, but, I can't say I've used it much given how damned easy it is to use a USB stick to load stuff up.

Return to “Commodore 8 Bits”