3D-vice
Germany

Posted Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:44 pm

intric8 wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:11 am
Oh man - will they all get sold out before I even wake up? :ghost:
Let me quote the following from their posts:
"Der erste Batch besteht aus 400 und 1000 Rechnern. Die ersten 400 werden mit sehr hoher Wahrscheinlichkeit vor Weihnachten fertig und verschickt. (Man weis nie, was noch kommen kann) Die weiteren 1000 werden dann Anfang '22 rausgehen."

Translation:
"The first batch consists of 400 and 1000 computers. The first 400 will most likely be done and shipped before Christmas. (You never know what else may come) The other 1000 will then go out in early '22."

3D-vice
Germany

Posted Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:26 am

The dev-team just announced an update referring the preorder start on the forums, Discord, etc. Here we go (translated for your convenience. ;)
The interest in MEGA65 is immense, the momentum has reached maximum :-) The last days came a lot of donations to the MEGA65 team, a lot of newsletter registrations, a lot of new entries in Discord, posts on Twitter, Facebook, etc.. It's madness and we are still trying to answer everything while we are rotating :-D

We will also announce an update regarding the preorder launch later today.
What we can assure is that it will start very soon, but we still have to coordinate the exact launch date.
Trenz is afraid that the servers will collapse again and we have to send out the circular mail to all supporters. (We are still in the process of preparing this). So it may take a few more days, but everything is going well and every day that we push the launch out, gives us some air !

(Which we need urgently)

We prefer to postpone the launch for another week or two, than to have unforeseen problems and not be able to keep our promise. In the MEGA65 team, I am actually the one who always keeps the community in mind and tries to communicate everything accordingly.

So: Update will follow soon

PS: We realize how jittery the community expects the presale. But be sure, we are just as jittery.

JoeUser
Dallas, TX

Posted Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:46 am

3D-vice wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:35 pm
The preoders will be handled by their partners over at Trenz Electronic. This is where one can place the preorder, limited to one machine per individual (at first), full prepayment. Trenz Electronic had also successfully handled the distribution of the MEGA 65 development kits a whle ago.
Ok, many thanks!

3D-vice
Germany

Posted Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:53 am

... aaand another update:

Hi all !

After our meeting with Trenz yesterday we have set together with Trenz, calendar week 39 (cw39) for the official start of the Preorder sale.

We probably could have done it a bit sonner, but we all agreed on, that this date gives us a little bit more time, for final tweaks, like Webshop design finetuning (as you know we are perfectionist and want to have everything nice), further Server and IT tests, etc. Also we have probably some pictures by then how the packaging might look like.

Shortly before cw39 we will then also send out the mail to all subscribers and supporters and will announce on all social platforms the exact Preorder start and the final price for the machine.

This delay of the Preorder start will not delay the production. this is totally separate.

We will personally inform all of them via email, so they do have a head start. whoever is not in Forum64 or our discord (and later on facebook, etc.) will miss it.

we believe this is fair.
Nevertheless, with 1400 machines that will be offered (Batch 1 (400) & 2 (1000) at once) i believe, everybody is having a good chance to get a machine.

A1-X1000
Toronto, Canada

Posted Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:46 pm

There goes my dream of a cool C65 case too!
I bet they’ll change their mind if they don’t get the orders flowing in. I for one would buy the case for sure just to throw one of my 64 spare boards into…will never get rid of my original bread bin though ;-)

3D-vice
Germany

Posted Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:03 am

A1-X1000 wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:46 pm
…will never get rid of my original bread bin though ;-)
Me neither. My precious C64, especially my very first one, the bread bin with the orange function keys, will remain sound and safe here at home, together with my Amiga of course. :D

A1-X1000
Toronto, Canada

Posted Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:18 am

@ 3D-Vice

:D <3

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:48 am

Out of curiosity, do you guys think the Mega will cost more than a brand new PS5?

3D-vice
Germany

Posted Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:33 am

intric8 wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:48 am
Out of curiosity, do you guys think the Mega will cost more than a brand new PS5?
Hm... good question: I'd say yes. Since the MEGA65 will be done in small charges and is NOT a large-scale mass production device, I'd say it may cost around 600€ - 700€. Though this would be still more affordable than the MEGA65 dev-kits.

fxgogo
Twickenham , U.K.

Posted Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:59 pm

I would love one, but apart from the price, my real limited resource is time. I have to focus on the projects I have on the go at the moment. I will watch with extreme interest and a little jealousy from the side lines.

Return to “Commodore 8 Bits”