intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:42 pm

Brand new cartridge games for the Commodore 64? In 2019? This is my 2nd one from DoubleSidedGames, and I just love it. Check out this sleek packaging, too.
IMG_4679.jpg
IMG_4680.jpg
IMG_4681.jpg
IMG_4682.jpg
Gotta love that C64/128 wrap-around sticker on the spine.

IMG_4686.jpg
L'Abbaye des Morts is still my current favorite for theirs, and it's also my favorite new C64 game made in 2019 across all publishers. But I can't wait for Black Dawn Rebirth (of which I think I was one of the first few to pre-order in boxed disk form). An RPG grid-based dungeon crawler for the Amiga? Hells yes, you guys! Based on the demo video I've seen, it's quality. Everything from DSD is quality.

I wish they'd create some merch/t-shirts. I'd love a LdM t-shirt with something like "I beat L'Abbaye des Morts, and I DIED" which you'd get if you finished the game.

3D-vice
Germany

Posted Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:38 am

I love games on cartridges. Question: Does this cartridge have some sort of flash memory for saving safegames, e.g like Sam's Journey?

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:48 am

I don’t think so. I think it’s more old school; you write down your high scores. But I’ll check this weekend.

Zippy Zapp
CA, USA

Posted Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:41 pm

Nice. I got mine today too. I opted for the Disk version so it is in a green box. It's awesome that people are still writing and selling games for C64 and Amiga in 20-fricken-19!

Return to “Commodore 8 Bits”