Hans

Posted Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:32 am

Let me know when these keycaps are available for sale, then I will buy two sets, but only if the price is not too high.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:25 pm

From the Indiegogo campaign site on September 28, 2022:
"Starting in 1 day is a Chinese national holiday. That will last until October 4th, and then the company will then start shipping to backers!"
Today is October 4th. 💪
Screen Shot 2022-10-04 at 1.23.45 PM.png
Photos by CBMSTUFF

Zippy Zapp
CA, USA

Posted Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:49 pm

Can't wait to get them. Trouble is, beyond the red, blue and clear translucent colors I don't remember what I selected. LOL

Edit: I found the email with my selections. I am glad I keep everything

obitus1990
USA

Posted Thu Oct 13, 2022 4:23 pm

Amazing how this has stretched to the three year mark now, after initially being promised to ship a few months after campaign end.

Zippy Zapp
CA, USA

Posted Fri Oct 14, 2022 3:32 pm

obitus1990 wrote:
Thu Oct 13, 2022 4:23 pm
Amazing how this has stretched to the three year mark now, after initially being promised to ship a few months after campaign end.
Well, all things considered, I am just glad that I am going to get the actual product. I spent money on sets from the Phase5 one and that guy couldn't even blame COVID. Considering that this was literally a couple months from the shut downs I am glad it was seen all the way through...

obitus1990
USA

Posted Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:45 pm

Anyone beginning to doubt they'll ever receive these, after the update from today?

"posted by CBMSTUFF

Dec 1, 2022 • 12:09AM PST
Update...

I have been repeatedly asking for tracking information for packages for several weeks. Today I get a bill for shipping, but without the package information - like the size of the box, weight of the box, tracking information, address verification, etc.

I asked for proof that these are even being packaged and shipped and my contact got a little mad about doubting them, so I re-sent the long (numerous months) email history of why I am doubting everything they are doing at this point.

I then got some pictures of what the boxes looked like during their picture taking fest. I am going to pay the latest shipping bill (which is almost double of what was agreed upon), just to get all of the packages released.

Please look for boxes that look like these. Maybe you see your backer number on one of the boxes?

At this point I really have no faith in this company and I am pursuing having the moulds moved to another plastic injection company for future use, and I won't be using this company for any future projects, including the Blingboard64 (which I would REALLY like to kick off)."

dddaaannn

Posted Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:06 pm

obitus1990 wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:45 pm
Anyone beginning to doubt they'll ever receive these, after the update from today?
Not really, no. This update sounds like exactly what it says: they're being sent right now, and he's disappointed with the provider. I've backed an embarrassing number of projects like these, and based on those experiences, 1) Jim has been exceptionally transparent with project status, and 2) all of the bumps in the road that we've been allowed to witness in Jim's status updates are the norm for projects like this. It's possible that there might be a hiccup in these last steps that will introduce more delay, but any project that gets this far usually delivers.

After watching dozens of Kickstarters try to mold plastic in China, my main takeaway is that any product that shows up in a retail store has a years-long history of haggling, revision, delays, and changing up providers on the way to the finish line. We just don't normally see that part of the process as retail customers. I'd go as far as to say that retail customers pay for the opportunity to be oblivious to all of that, so we can feel the most good about our purchase. We can only imagine all of the products and companies that don't make it to retail due to these foibles.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:41 pm

We have a local friend who was told his C64 keycaps have shipped. I've not seen any communication around that, personally.

It will be wild if we get them this month - 3 years after the campaign launch. I hope my 4 sets are right behind his. I've got 2 computers I use regularly that are ready for the swap! :commodore: What a wild ride it has been, and to finally come home.

(I'm still waiting on my Amiga sets, which is an older campaign by over ½ a year.) :ghost:

Zippy Zapp
CA, USA

Posted Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:21 pm

I can confirm I received shipment notice for my sets today, with tracking number. The email came from Indiegogo

Looking forward to finally finishing my Clear case and SX 64 case builds. The clear case just does not look right with brown keys. haha

My dallas clear case has a basically unused 64 reloaded mk1 board in it. My SX-64 case will have my long finished CBM Stuff ICS64s board in it.

3D-vice
Germany

Posted Sat Dec 10, 2022 3:42 am

Hello all,

I also have received the shipping notice for my pledges, yay! <3

Return to “Commodore 8 Bits”