JimDrew
LHC, AZ

Posted Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:30 pm

Funded.jpg
Well, it's official! 100% Funded on 12/30/2019!

For those of you who are just now learning about this, here is some info:

I have launched a campaign on Indiegogo for making new keycaps for your Commodore 64.

>> View the Campaign Here <<

Thanks to Intric8 for his help in this!

Please support the campaign, and tell your Commodore friends... heck tell your Apple friends too, so you can brag that the Commodore scene is alive and well! :)
Last edited by JimDrew on Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:26 pm

This is AWESOME!

And Jim, I've shouted out the link on Twitter, Facebook (2 places) and Reddit. It's gonna go wild! Your campaign looks GREAT.

And you're 100% welcome. I'm honored to have been a part of the background discussions. Any time, Jim.

cyanpixie

Posted Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:07 pm

Congratulations and backed for 2 sets. I have posted on my local Amiga group! I really hope we get to the stretch goal - I so want the caps for my breadbin!

Zippy Zapp
CA, USA

Posted Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:55 pm

It is awesome, thanks for doing this. I am down for some sets so finally my clear cased Reloaded MK1 can get some proper transparent keycaps.

I hope the campaign goes into orbit with the funding and it far exceeds the goal.

obitus1990
USA

Posted Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:01 pm

I am going to back 4 sets, but have a question since I've never backed anything that uses crowdfunding. If a campaign fails to meet its goals, do we get our funds returned to us by CBMStuff or not? I started the process and see that Indiegogo immediately asks for the credit card payment, versus payment being finalized once the campaign finishes, hence my asking.

JimDrew
LHC, AZ

Posted Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:52 pm

The money is taken and held by Indiegogo. If the campaign does not reach its funding goal, then 100% of the money is refunded.

3D-vice
Germany

Posted Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:59 am

Hey Jim,

at first: Thanks a lot for shouldering this endeavor of creating new keycaps for our beloved C64!

I am now a proud backer (contribution ID #192) of 4 Sets :mrgreen: and I am very curious about which stretch goal perks you're going to offer. I'll spread the word here in good old Germany of course.

Oh, and Jim, I wish you luck for your negotiation with the Commodore Corp. Having the Chicken Lips logo would be awesomley awsome. :!:

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:17 am

We're at 50% funded in less than 24 hours! KA-POW!

rpiguy9907

Posted Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:23 pm

Will be joining for at least 3 sets.

Super stoked!

3D-vice
Germany

Posted Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:21 am

I'm a member of a popular German retro forum and the community there is quite awesome, like you guys here. :) Members always help each other out and somtimes, when it comes to ordering stuff or backing a crowdfunding campaign, someone offers an omnibus order to make it easier for other members to participate.

Well, this has just happened! A guy over there collected 200 orders from forum members and - if I am not mistaken - has now chosen the appropriate perk, which ist the Ulitmate Backer perk I assume. That's just awesome, isn't it? Such a huge step towards a successful campaign.

That's why I love the "retro community" and forums such as AmigaLove and the Forum64. All the poeple are just nice gals and guys, polite and helpful, just awesome. That's why I feel so comfortable here and there. <3

Return to “Commodore 8 Bits”