intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:27 pm

P.S. I love the yellow floppy disk! Really like how Busy Bee embraced yellow across the product line.

Zippy Zapp
CA, USA

Posted Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:08 am

Perhaps they used better disks on your run. LOL. Actually the first time I ran the check it showed several more errors. I cleaned the heads and ran the disk a few more times and when I copied it, it copied without any errors. Hopefully the copies work. They appear to but I need to hook my 128 up.

My 64 Write stuff disks are not yellow and they are not noisy. Usually when a disk is noisy it means the liner is bad or dried out or something. Certain brands of disks even back in the day had somewhat noisy disks like Nashua.

Hopefully they work.

icbrkr
Particles! BBS

Posted Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:11 am

Happened to get an original myself :) I used nibread to make a copy of it.

nibread.exe -D8 -s writestuff.nbz

<wait for magic>

and to write it back:

nibwrite writestuff.nbz

Requires a 1571, Zoomfloppy.

Threw a copy up on cbm128.com if anyone needs it.

Eric Lee

Posted Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:43 am

Most sales were as 'userware' meaning Commodore computer clubs ordered 10-50 copies and received manuals, labels, and a master disk to copy and distribute to members for a copy fee, so while disks were/are error prone, there was no intentional copy protection.

Eric Lee

Posted Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:06 pm

Oh, and Eric Lee was Busy Bee Software, which is history, but I'm not yet. I suppose I'm good for historical info should that be of interest. Contact info 'out there' in Bitlandia seems to be out of date, so current would be alysion at gmail.com

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:54 pm

@Eric Lee - you wrote and created The Write Stuff / Busy Bee Software??

I will email you Friday (April 24). I'd love to pass a few things your way to get your take.

Very cool!

Return to “Commodore 8 Bits”