3D-vice
Germany

Posted Mon May 16, 2022 9:05 am

fxgogo wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 4:05 pm
(...) I wonder if shortages of raw materials had anything to do with the problem?
Could be... The Hintsteiner company usually has a high quality standard for their products. Also, I've read comments on various forums that the Mega 65 case itself seems to be more "felixble" than other comparable cases, such as the new C64C cases. Maybe there was a problem with the granulate material... well, just assumptions though.

3D-vice
Germany

Posted Mon May 16, 2022 9:06 am

intric8 wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 8:34 am
I've nearly finished creating a Quick Start guide for the M65. I hope to get it out in the next couple of days.

EDIT:
Check your email.
Got it. Thank you so much! :D

A1-X1000
Toronto, Canada

Posted Wed May 18, 2022 10:55 pm

intric8 wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 7:42 pm

…Here's a shot of my top shell. You can really only see this in very good lighting situations. But it's there.

Note the "teenager's legs stretchmarks" across the top-back area. Those striations are very likely the cause of my issue. I feel like I've a better shot at leaving the bottom half alone and trying to move the top area to fit. Since it's already visually not perfect, seems like a place to start. You know what I mean?
wow never would I have imagined a german made brand new in 2022 case have those defects period ! I’m still waiting for mine to arrive and I only ordered a day after some of you here so great to see that I’ve seen SN’s in the high 600’s already BUT damn these case flaws are freaking me out more than a bit man

Update: Just found out the first 100 SN's were the original C65 units and 101-300 were the MEGA65 dev kits so the first 400 units currently being delivered are SN's 301-700.
Last edited by A1-X1000 on Fri May 27, 2022 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fxgogo
Twickenham , U.K.

Posted Fri May 20, 2022 1:44 pm

So I write for Pixel Addict & Amiga Addict magazine and we are planning a feature article on the Mega 65 in the near future. I wanted to know if any of you 65 owners are keen on giving your views and experience on the machine so far? Have you made anything exciting? How well does it perform? Anything really. PM me if you are interested.

A1-X1000
Toronto, Canada

Posted Sat Oct 08, 2022 6:36 am

cool to see the ethernet driver and the web browser getting some love for the MEGA65 recently 👍❤️

https://twitter.com/servalpaul/status/ ... dEFVG5OwoQ

A1-X1000
Toronto, Canada

Posted Sat Jan 14, 2023 3:56 pm

well finally my SN 817 MEGA65 arrived yesterday! was like 1983 all over again and must admit I was hoping to get one in the 1st batch but man I'm so happy mine doesn't have any issue with the plastic molding, RTC and my floppy goes in and out smooth with no issues BUT the biggest thing that's kept me busy all day this Saturday is the latest C64 core is damn ROCK solid with every game that I've thrown at it AND bonus for me is that with my real original C64 (which I love to bits btw) is NTSC and for years I always wanted a 'spare' PAL one for games that didn't have an NTSC option..well with my MEGA65 I can change from PAL/NTSC with a click of a nice cherry key :D :commodore: :boing: <3 stroke

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:47 pm

Congrats!!

Do you know if the latest C64 core supports any IEC devices?

I need to update. It's been a while...

A1-X1000
Toronto, Canada

Posted Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:10 am

I think on Discord it says that the next release will allow hooking up real drives and using real cartridges and prg and crt files.

dddaaannn

Posted Sun Jan 15, 2023 4:15 pm

The MEGA65 C64 core has excellent compatibility with C64 software, and has been tested extensively. Someone in the forum even set up a testing rig to try a bunch of hardware-pushing games and demos on real hardware and the C64 core simultaneously to look for imperfections per frame, it was pretty impressive. It runs in PAL mode, and can generate a 60 Hz video signal with PAL dimensions over HDMI for modern displays that can't do 50 Hz. It can also do authentic 15 KHz RGB over VGA, which can connect to a vintage RGB monitor with an adapter cable. Configurable SID types, more display options, and REU emulation.

NTSC mode, IEC and expansion slot support, and loading CRT and PRG from SD card are on the roadmap. I gather that this would make it more capable than the MiSTer core, though someone else can confirm that for me. (I've never tried to set up a MiSTer C64.)

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sun Jan 15, 2023 4:21 pm

OK - as soon as NTSC mode is in there, I'M in there. =)

Return to “Commodore 8 Bits”