A1-X1000
Toronto, Canada

Posted Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:53 pm

soooo who else bit the bullet and pre-ordered their MEGA65 today :commodore: <3 :joystick: :D

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:54 pm

I'm in!

Mine is supposed to ship end of December, 2021 (so I'll probably get it 2-3 weeks after that).

A1-X1000
Toronto, Canada

Posted Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:04 pm

intric8 wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:54 pm
I'm in!

Mine is supposed to ship end of December, 2021 (so I'll probably get it 2-3 weeks after that).
awesome ! I finally logged in around 1 EST this afternoon and it said first 400 were already sold but they're accepting another 1000 pre-orders to be ready in 2022...my order said March14 2022.

I was originally thinking I was going to wait to order mine BUT then I thought I have my original Amiga 1000 next to my AmigaONE X1000 in my mancave and how crazy excited I was when I set my new Amiga next to my beloved A1000 so heck I was a huge C64 fan before an Amiga fan SO why not have a brand new spanking MEGA65 next to my original breadbin C64 :boing: :commodore: <3 ...supporting the great Amiga and C64 developers and community was a big reason for buying both my new X1000 and now my new MEGA65 :D

Zippy Zapp
CA, USA

Posted Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:37 pm

I'm in as well. Same story, I really was going to wait but decided not to at the last minute. Mine said December 2021 but we shall see.

Edit: So even though the order said December 2021 as I had figured that was not accurate. I didn't notice it before but the email they send you immediately after ordering is just a confirmation that you entered it into the system. It stated that they would send a confirmation that would be the real contract. They sent mine this morning and it states that it will be ready in 2022. So not the first batch I guess.
Last edited by Zippy Zapp on Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

3D-vice
Germany

Posted Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:23 am

I'm in too, sir! My order number is 37529, so I'm glad to get one from the first batch, yay. :lol: :commodore:

A1-X1000
Toronto, Canada

Posted Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:30 pm

so only 4 of us here so far from the first batch of 1,000 :commodore:

rpiguy9907

Posted Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:58 pm

Can someone share what the final price was in dollars plus shipping to the US?

It is very unclear whether you pay VAT for example. I would think not.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:43 pm

If you are in the US you do not pay VAT. Just the product price and the shipping, which is significant.

It's broken down like this:

Computer: $778.53
Shipping: $68.49
Total investment: $847.02

3D-vice
Germany

Posted Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:55 am

Hey guys!

Today I got an email from Trenz Electronic regarding the status of my order. I think the provided information is interesting for all of you who have ordered one.
Dear MEGA65 customer,

You certainly have many unanswered questions, less patience and ultimately doubts, but please allow us to present the status quo:

We are aware of the delay and the frustration that comes with it, but we believe in this product, in its success and also that once you turn it on, you will forget about the current problems! Further details follow below, but we would like to point out in advance that there is the possibility of cancellation and refund without discussion. However, if you order again (hopefully out of envy), the waiting list position will expire.

Now the facts:

In a digital world we have an analogue bottleneck: the cardboard packaging causes the last delay!
The manufacturer finally committed to delivering the packaging for mid/late April, shortly after Easter.
MEGA65s are assembled, tested and already in their case awaiting shipment!
As soon as the packaging arrives at Trenz Electronic, shipping of MEGA65s from the first batch can begin immediately.

Overall it came as quite a shock to us after dodging and solving almost all electronic supply chain issues last year only to be held up by a “simple” thing called cardboard.

(...)

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:42 pm

I also got this email.

I have a theory (or a guess) about what triggered it to arrive today. Or, it could be 100% coincidence. But yesterday a friend of mine decided to ask for a refund, which was given quickly with no questions asked. Then today we got this email.

Maybe he wasn't the only one in recent days...

Return to “Commodore 8 Bits”