intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:33 am

I kind of tripped over this interesting hobby project kit over on Ebay today: Apple - 1 Ultimate Collector's Set.

apple1hobby1.jpg

It's being sold out of Germany and comes with:
  • An unpopulated motherboard
  • 3 different high-quality replica manuals (Operation Manual including fold-out schematics, Apple Basic Users Manual, and Cassette Interface Manual)
  • Designer acrylic case
apple1hobby2.jpg

The kit includes a "bill of materials" (BOM), i.e. a list of components needed to turn the board into a working computer, which is pretty nice.
The set also includes a never seen before re-creation of all three Apple-1 manuals that have been designed by Ronald G. Wayne back in 1976. Mind you, these are not cheap laser prints from ugly scans – these recreations have been redesigned from scratch with insane accuracy and printed on high quality Munken Pure paper. The manuals also feature the fold-out schematics. NB: The Operation Manual is manually stamped with an authorized recreation of the Byte Shop stamp.
apple1schematics.jpg

Pretty neat idea - especially if you have woodworking skills. Then you could put the working finished computer inside a nice wooden case. :)
Apple_I_Computer.jpg

Return to “Commodore 8 Bits”