Anachronist

Posted Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:09 am

I loved Compute! magazine back in the day, and still do (in fact, once I discovered the local library still had a collection, I started collecting them from eBay myself). I also enjoyed the books published by Compute! for the various platforms (Commodore VIC, 64 and 128; Atari; TI; Apple; etc).

I have several actual books and others in pdf format, but one I've never seen (either hardcopy or pdf) is Compute!'s Commodore 64/128 Collection: Volume 2. It's ISBN 0874550890 (ISBN13: 9780874550894), and I'll attach a picture of the cover. I believe it was published in 1988, with the C64 winding down somewhat, so I can understand why it's hard to find.

I've searched through inter-library loan, checked on archive.org, bombjack and elsewhere, but came up empty. Has anyone seen this book or know where I could find a pdf? Thanks!
Attachments
COMPUTEs Commodore 64 128 Collection Volume 2.jpg

dddaaannn

Posted Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:00 pm

Interesting! I wasn't aware there was a volume 2.

It's a little bit interesting (but far from conclusive) that book catalog data for that ISBN omit the "volume 2" from the title. Volume 1 (1985) has a different ISBN of course (0-942386-97-3), so that's more likely a catalog error than anything else. Just thought that was an interesting detail.

May I ask, where did you find the cover image? Is it possible that this book was never published, and the cover is of a review copy?

Anachronist

Posted Sat Oct 08, 2022 1:34 am

Here you go, dddaaannn:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/154 ... collection

Ah, looks like it was published in 1987, and I had noticed that ISBN discrepancy as well. I'm fairly certain it was published, as Gamebase has two or three game titles that list "Commodore 64/128 Collection: Volume 2" as the source.

Return to “Commodore 8 Bits”