About an hour later, along with some Benadryl to manage a spontaneous hives breakout, we have all the keys off for a bit of a soak.
As for the chips, I figured I'm more than likely to need a new PLA, so off to fleabay I go!
Espalion sells a reputable PLA replacement that promises all the bells and whistles called, get this, the PLAnkton! https://ebay.to/2t32Ide
. He just also happens to sell a little widget called the TOLB https://ebay.to/2D2sxi0
which is a replacement 8701 chip! Both go in the cart!
I also sourced one CIA but the price of a second one was just out of the budget for now. Plus, maybe its time to check out and verify if an Amiga 500 CIA is a reasonable stunt double as some have claimed.
And about that SID...well, I've got Fifth Ave taste and a KMart budget on this-so I'm going to borrow a known 6581 from one of the breadboxes in the "stacks". But man, that FPGASID is looking mighty tempting...
This should be a good start on the road to recovery. If I can at least get it to burp some screen codes at me, we can zero in on some of the other problems lurking.
We'll pick this story up later when we close the gap on some of the missing parts.
Same bat time. Same bat channel.
<insert ninja smokebomb effect here>
As I type this, I swear the water has turn from translucent when I started, to Loch Ness opaque.