intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:28 am

Pre-orders for the Analogue Pocket opened back on August 3, 2020. The hope back then was that the first batch would ship in May of 2021. Well, the pandemic happened so we know how that played out.
Screen Shot 2022-11-29 at 8.12.27 AM.png

The Analogue Pocket is a very Gameboy-ish looking device that can actually use original cartridges. It comes with a dock for recharging and a more modern, vibrant screen.

Screen Shot 2022-11-29 at 8.15.57 AM.png

It supports up to 4 controllers via bluetooth, 2.4g and even wired USB. The dock even has HMDI out, which is super cool. The Pocket also supports Pocket-to-Pocket multiplayer (requires a cable to do so).

The Pre-Order price for the pocket was $199 and the dock another $99. That was over 2 years ago, and recently they started to ship out to customers. In fact, I was notified that my own order was being prepared for shipment on November 14, 2022. In other words, mine should arrive any day now.

And as it is about to be gingerly placed on my doorstep, I awakened this morning to this: an "Alpha" core for the Amiga is working on the Analogue!

Some screenshots (the blurriness was due to the rough video capture - not the actual graphics on-screen):
wb.jpg
RI.jpg
ik.jpg
aw.jpg

Video of the alpha core being tested:

From the sound of it the initial release of the Alpha core is imminent.

Return to “Modern Take”