intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sun Dec 25, 2022 1:05 pm

More on this later, but it's time to get this party started.
pocket.jpg

Crazyeights

Posted Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:36 pm

That reminds me of a Gameboy.

3D-vice
Germany

Posted Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:36 am

@intric8 Just out of curiosity: Any updates on this one?

I am tempted to buy one, incl. the LYNX cartridge adapter. Does anybody know if those adapters are sold individually, or only in an adapter-bundle.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:43 am

Hi 3D-Vice,

The Analogue Pocket has become my travel gadget of choice. I mainly install SNES games on it. For an Amiga emulator it's not my cup of tea since it lacks a keyboard/mouse (of course). It's just not really suited for it. But for GameBoys, NES, SNES, Genesis, Pick-your-flavor-console/handheld - basically anything that came with a d-pad controller - it is sensational. The Pocket has made my foldable Gameboy Advance utterly obsolete because the Pocket's screen is so much better. I never really realized how hard it was to see that old screen even in perfect lighting conditions. It's crazy the difference.

My only very minor critique is that after an hour or so of playing, the d-pad's edges can be a little harsh. I feel like the corners could be ever so slightly more rounded to prevent "thumb burn". But that's a very minor complaint. It's probably a good indicator that I need to stop playing Super Metroid for a while and take a break.

And yes, you can buy the cartridge adaptors separately - when they are in stock. I don't see any Lynx adaptors on their shop at the moment.

I've been so impressed with the Pocket that I picked up their Analogue Super Nt console as well.

3D-vice
Germany

Posted Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:42 pm

Thanks for your detailed feedback, Eric! <3

At the moment, they have the Pocket Adapter Set for preorder, scheduled for shipping in February 2024... But it costs $99.99 and since I am only looking for the Lynx-Adapter, this bundle is not for me.

The Adapter Set contains the following 3 adapters:
- TurboGrafx-16, PC Engine & SuperGrafx Adapter
- Neo Geo Pocket Color Cartridge Adapter
- Atari Lynx Cartridge Adapter

Return to “Modern Take”