intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:44 pm

Hey Guys,

I've been away for the past week because my mom - one of my greatest heroes - died. She was 82.

I was in Texas last week visiting her with my family and it happened unexpectedly while we were there. My wife and I were at her side the moment it happened. I won't go into details, but I wanted you all to know why I've been quiet and will likely continue to be away for a while as I work through things. I'm monitoring the site and I might poke around here or there on occasion but these days I'm still just trying to process and manage things. It's not easy when your heart is completely broken.

Meanwhile my dad (84 in April) got covid + pneumonia which looks like it will knock him into an assisted living situation. A lot going on.

You all here mean a lot to me, and to the community at large. I'll be back and more active later as things settle down and I repair my state of mind.

<3

Appee

Posted Fri Mar 03, 2023 6:17 am

I'd like to express my condolences. Can't pretend to get good you are feeling, but I'm glad that you are maintaining hobbies at least a little bit. It's so easy to withdraw into grief. Wishing you better days.

3D-vice
Germany

Posted Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:57 am

Oh dear... I'd also express my condolences to you and your family. I hope you can gain some comfort and strength from the fact that you were by her side. It was a source of comfort for me back then, when my grandmother passed away, to know that it was possible for me to be by her side in her last moments.

Take all the time you need to process this, it is very important imho.

I wish you all the best and lots of strength for you and your family for the upcoming days.

McTrinsic

Posted Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:25 pm

Hi intric8,

thank you for sharing this. Moments like these make you reflect about your life. I thank god for having m family still with me.

So please accept my dearest condolences and be aware that someone on the other side of the world also thinks about you mother and her soul. May she be blessed.

For the coming time, I hope you can find some strength in your family. Share some time and share some good memories of her. If she did something not so good - think about it and forgive her.

Look your son in the eyes and see something of her living on.

I hope you find the strength that you need for the coming days.

All the best to you!!

A1-X1000
Toronto, Canada

Posted Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:18 am

So sorry to hear Eric & I hope the fact that you and your family were there for your Mom in her final moments will give you some peace in your healing process. I, just this week, brought my 86 year old Mom to get breast cancer surgery and thank God it went well and she is recovering but as you said it really makes us think about how precious our time with loved ones really is and makes us realize what’s important and worthy in our lives.

obitus1990
USA

Posted Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:38 pm

Very sorry to hear of your loss, Eric.

Zippy Zapp
CA, USA

Posted Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:32 pm

I am so sorry to hear of this. My condolences to you and your family.

Paul

RizThomas
Surrey, BC, Canada

Posted Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:39 pm

Sorry to hear this Eric...my condolence.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:22 am

And, there goes my dad.

EzdineG
Springfield, MO

Posted Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:54 am

Damn, sorry to hear Eric. :(

Return to “Site News”