That being said, I wanted to poke this feature set listing and see what some of you potentially value. I have my own inclinations but I'm curious your thoughts as well.
- DONE Upgrade to a more modern version of site software that is fully supported (would require a complete site re-design)
- Add “System Requirements” to Games Library entries.
- [Sorta DONE for SEA-CCC, but not AmigaLove.com] Create a "Shop" where some t-shirts and mugs, etc could be purchased to help negate the costs to run Amigalove.com
- Add site section: “APPS” (reviews with downloads; similar to games library format)
- Receive Game Library comment notifications, reply functionality
- Add site section: Complete Fred Fish Archive (could be part of APPS)
- A True Home Page
- Add search form to search results page(s)
- Design member profiles to not be complete crap (doable now)
- Auto-truncate really long URLs in desktop mode so Mobile Web layout doesn’t break
- Create user “levels” based on participation (maybe)
- Have a Games Statistics box on the Games Library home page to show #Games, Screenshots, User Votes with a top 10 games based on user votes/score
- DONE User Notification system - e.g. “Bell Icon”. If you receive an email about something (maybe a reply to a post, for example) the site would show these as notifications.
- DONE Ability to “Star” or favorite a post. Bookmarking functionality.
I have nearly 50 disks from a BBS archive of pure text files: insanely awesome and a total treasure.
I have (soon to be) over 40 DevWare disks.
I'd love to see the Fred Fish archive put online in a much more user friendly format.
And every time I come across great or handy software (64 Door, A-Talk 3 in various upgrades, homebrew applications, etc.) it would be nice to put them somewhere besides a single topic post. And while an FTP server is nice, you have to know what you're looking for. It's not really a user friendly discovery tool.
I am not sure how I'd organize this and it will require some thought and definitely work/time/$. But I think it's kind of the missing link right now.
But what do you guys think? Is there a feature or product offering you wish you could find here?