intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Mon May 13, 2019 1:31 pm

You may notice the color scheme changing around here. I've opted for the beautiful Workbench blue for some of the main headers and splashes of orange for links. You might want to hard-refresh your browser.

I had to clear my phone's cache, too (which is always fun).

obitus1990
USA

Posted Mon May 13, 2019 2:52 pm

I like it...but, then, I also liked the red and white. :)

femuruy

Posted Mon May 13, 2019 3:08 pm

the white on blue and orange on white combinations are quite hard for the sight

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Mon May 13, 2019 3:15 pm

@femuruy you think the contrast in the header isn't high enough? Or do you feel like it's too bright?

The orange on white is slightly lower contrast, and I'm still adjusting things, but on my screens it's not that jarring. Curious - are you viewing things on a desktop/laptop monitor, or your phone?

Something else I've been considering (for my use, too) is to build a font-size switcher. Tap a thing to set a larger font size, etc.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Mon May 13, 2019 4:28 pm

@obitus1990

After I made the header and footer the Workbench blue, the links were all still bright red. At that point, the site looked very patriotic, which wasn't what I was going for. I also seemed to be closely sporting my Cubbie colors, which also wasn't intended there. So I opted for the Workbench orange.

But yeah - the boing ball red and white worked, too. Can always go back to that at some point. I'm just playing around.

femuruy

Posted Mon May 13, 2019 4:33 pm

Header too bright, reading the site atm on my desktop computer (dual monitor, slightly different color profiles on each but same general feeling)

Leffmann

Posted Tue May 14, 2019 2:11 am

The orange on white is a bit tricky, getting the contrast right without making it too brown or red is not easy. But I think the 1.3 theme as such looks great.

oldbull

Posted Tue May 14, 2019 8:43 pm

The yellow stripe at the left of the board index page could be a darker shade.

femuruy

Posted Wed May 15, 2019 5:18 am

is there anyway you can make the forum theme optional? considering the aging population reading it ;)

McTrinsic

Posted Fri May 17, 2019 11:37 am

I *really* (Amiga)love the new colourscheme.

AWESOME!

Return to “Site News”