walldog

Posted Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:15 am

Thanks for being candid of the cost break down. I've stated before but again I will mention this is a fantastic site. Has the just perfect retro Amiga feel. The touch on the Game sections is tremendous. Topics not discussed on other forums as well such as "Icon Master" or "Word Processing". Has to be your cup of tea but I greatly enjoy it..

jost80
Sweden

Posted Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:29 am

Have you considered letsencrypt.org for the certificate? Its free but needs some automation because they are only valid for 90 days.

stevelord

Posted Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:31 pm

You should be able to switch to LetsEncrypt and save on the TLS costs, although it's not that much you'll probably spend more on it in time setting it up than you'd save in a year. How much do you need now for the rest of the year?

kentsu

Posted Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:35 pm

Regarding opening links in new tabs, the behavior I adopted for various sites I run (including http://kirklandhistory.org/) is: If the page is on the same site, replace current page. If the link is to a supporting document or some other site, open a new tab.

Since browsers now all have a simple method for the user to force something to open in a new tab, I thought it best to not make that the default behavior for all links, given the original vision for hypertext systems like the web. ;)

JoeUser
Dallas, TX

Posted Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:37 pm

Just threw a few bucks in the kitty. It's not a lot, but hey, every little bit adds up...

Just my $.02 worth, I've belonged to sites and forums where paid subscription entitles ad-free browsing for the subscriber. The trick is to keep the fee reasonable. Just an idea to ponder...

Enjoy the site, keep up the good work!

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:53 pm

Thanks, dude, I really do appreciate it. I’ve been working on a new part of the site and it will probably require me to hie some help.

I can’t wait to show you all.

Thanks again!

You’ve reminded me I need to create a 2021 Guild of Heroes.

Return to “Site News”