Shot97
Detroit, MI, USA

Posted Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:28 pm

hmmm... You're saying you think I should try to copy the disks because the program thinks they're originals? I guess that will be the last resort then. For another day. lol... I tried cutting off the external floppy, nope... I tried using my memory saver program, which was so good at that job that the game did not even bother to close down Workbench because there was so much memory! Still nothing...

I mean the hard drive light goes nuts for a good 10 seconds during that black screen... But then nothing.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:37 pm

How bizarre.

So am I right in assuming you never see the screen below during the install process?
IMG_6809.JPG
The first thing the install programs asks me to do is select where they should dump the music driver. But that's basically where the game is going to go, too.

So, as usual I had to give it my goody QDH1: drive moniker. After that, it started copying files over as you'd expect.

Sort of a dumb question, but you're sure your HD isn't full, right?

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:40 pm

By the way, check this out. Handy and really nice scan of the original manual.

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:42 pm

Oh shit! I bet I know what it is!!!

Rename your ADFs to

CB#1
CB#2
CB#3
etc.

I bet it's looking for that # sign! I had swapped that symbol out with an underscore during the copy process.

Shot97
Detroit, MI, USA

Posted Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:32 pm

Nah, it had them as CB#1 etc once copied onto the Amiga. But I never did see the request screen for a 2nd disk using yours. Unless the previous cracked install is somehow getting in the way.., I deleted those files though.

So are you able to run the game from hard disk?

Zippy Zapp
CA, USA

Posted Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:46 pm

I have the original game and the install works fine to install it to HD. It runs great off the HD. At one point I had it installed on my 1200 too and that seemed to work fine.

How did you write the ADFs back to floppy? Could the first disk be bad? You are running stock 1.3 on your A500 or is it a customized WB?

intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:10 pm

I'm tempted to copy the disks and just mail them to you. This is too weird.

Return to “Site News”