intric8
Seattle, WA, USA

Posted Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:29 pm

A couple of weeks ago after a morning run I felt some discomfort in my left leg. I'd felt this before and had learned some stretching exercises to deal with it. I did them, but the next day I was even worse. My left leg was in such agony it's hard to put into words. I could only manage maybe 4-5 steps before needing to sit down and grasp my leg until the waves of pain ebbed to a tolerable level.

In 2019 I'd had a similar situation that forced me to leave PRGE a day early and be driven all the way from Portland back home to Seattle where I promptly went to the emergency room. I had to be taken in by wheel chair.

I got a shot in my left thigh and in mere minutes I nearly wept with relief. I wound up walking out of there under my own power without any assistance. It was pure science, yet if felt magical.

Fast forward back to 2021.

After visiting my orthopedist, I was x-rayed and ultimately had to do my first full-body MRI. The issue was plain as day after that deep soft-tissue scan.

I have a herniated disc in my lower spine and it's pressing directly into my nerves like a giant black finger. That pressure on my nerves in my spine is what's causing my entire left leg not to function and scream in pain. I can tell you it's excruciating.

After visting with my Dr today one more time, my surgery was reclassified as "urgent" which means I'll be getting things sorted out this Friday. (!)

I'm so glad it's going to be dealt with, and frankly since it's so soon I don't really have the time to worry so much. But I am a touch nervous - who wouldn't be when folks are dealing with your back and sensitive spinal nerve cords, right?

But I very much am looking forward to being on the other side of this thing. And until then, keep that Amiga Love flowin'.

Note: if some annoying spam shows up on the site while I'm out of commission, just flag it and I'll get to it as soon as I can.

<3

fxgogo
Twickenham , U.K.

Posted Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:46 am

Good luck Intric8!! I know a fair few friends and colleagues who have had similar spine issues and have had to have surgery. It is a lot more common than people think. The good news is that all of them made a full recovery and life got back to normal. See you on the other side.

McTrinsic

Posted Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:59 am

All the best!!!

Get well soon.

Zippy Zapp
CA, USA

Posted Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:52 am

Bummer man. Best wishes to you and hope for a speedy recovery.

Shot97
Detroit, MI, USA

Posted Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:14 pm

You got this!

obitus1990
USA

Posted Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:17 pm

Get well soon!

3D-vice
Germany

Posted Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:38 pm

I hope all is going well with the surgery. I wish you all the best, man. <3

3D-vice
Germany

Posted Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:46 pm

intric8 wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:29 pm
Note: if some annoying spam shows up on the site while I'm out of commission, just flag it and I'll get to it as soon as I can.
LOL, and some off topic spam-ish stuff showed up right away in the "Retro Corner"... flagged it.

3D-vice
Germany

Posted Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:42 am

3D-vice wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:46 pm
intric8 wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:29 pm
LOL, and some off topic spam-ish stuff showed up right away in the "Retro Corner"... flagged it.
These two new users should be banned/removed due to bluntly spamming ads:
Bruce185 - memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1320
Racheltu - memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1319

stevelord

Posted Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:44 am

Best of luck for a speedy recovery. Back stuff is no joke. If you'd like a hand with spam moderation while you recover feel free to drop me a PM.

Return to “Site News”